Thread: Passing on the best price (by far) I found for a top and install in DFW

Thumbs up Passing on the best price (by far) I found for a top and install in DFW

My 1991 REALLY needed a new top. The plastic window was split, the zipper was trashed, the top was separating from the support brackets and some punk shot a BB through the back end (probably while I was driving too). I researched and shopped for weeks and found two incredible deals I want to pass on. I put on a Robbins Sunfast Black canvas top with zippered glass window installed for just over $800 (top+shipping+installation). The top alone is $743 at Gomiata and higher at Moss ($789). A local upholstery place in Plano wanted $1000 for the top and $800 to install. Through this forum I found Stevan to do the install for $200 (his handle is Rogue, search for him and you'll find him all over this forum). Super nice guy, fair, honest and a perfectionist. He did a fabulous job on the install. I bought from www.topsonline.com. Their site does NOT say the top is made by Robbins, but it is. If you are not getting the canvas top I would suggest you call just to confirm the actual manufacturer as he said the ones without rain rail were not Robbins. Nice people, good service and they threw in shipping for free. Good people deserve good business so I am giving them some well deserved kudos and hopefully some new business. Gomiata refused to match their price FYI since the online ad didn't say Robbins. Buy online and install local..a fair balance for all!!http://www.dfwmiata.com/images/smilies/locked.gif

Congrats! Steven is great and we're all lucky to have him in north Texas. You should bring your car out to the Wed. night get together and show off the new hardware. Check impromptu events section for details.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Stevan (Rogue) is the man!

+ eleventy billion for Rogue!

Ditto what they all said. Top installs are involved. That's a very good price for labor!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I concur with the assessment of Stevan. I highly recommend Rogue's work and he could not be nicer. I plan on using him again ... and again...
    Meotta
    Cogito Ergo Zoom..I wish I had thought of it first