Thread: Menu bar for Google Chrome?

Default Menu bar for Google Chrome?

After using Firefox for the past several years, I decided to finally give Chrome a spin. So far it appears to run circles around trusty ol' Firefox... BUT... where in the hell do I turn on the menu bar (File, Edit, etc - see Firefox screen shot below)?

I think I'm going to like Chrome as long as I can figure it all out. The only downside is that it seems all "Googley" like Gmail, so I hope it's not as sucky as Gmail (personal preference... YMMV). I had to hunt and peck for stuff like importing bookmarks from Firefox. And now there's this menu bar thing...

Anyhow...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

No menu bar... just the little paper and wrench menus on the right hand side. It bothered me at first but now I like it. I do find it odd that I DO like it, considering I still hate the fact that MS Office dropped the menu bar.

Rather than syncing bookmarks manually, I prefer to use Xmarks, which works with IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

http://www.xmarks.com/
    '01 Miata. Silver/Red Stripes. HDHCDD
    '13 Mazda2. Spirited Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    No menu bar... just the little paper and wrench menus on the right hand side. It bothered me at first but now I like it. I do find it odd that I DO like it, considering I still hate the fact that MS Office dropped the menu bar.
    I guess I can get used to it... but I'm with you on Office '07 - I'm convinced they deliberately put stuff where you can't find it. When I first got it, I spent 10 minutes cussing at it while looking for the "Save As" function. I'm more or less used to it now, but I wonder why they have to reinvent this crap for no reason?

Man... Chrome is FAST... so I'm still on board.

Thanks for the tips guys...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds