Thread: Need body shop recs

Default Need body shop recs

I picked up a Laguna blue 94 that runs and drives perfectly. It spent most of its life in a garage so it looks incredible. The bad part is that it was hit in the rear and totaled by the insurance company. It already has a new rear or replacement bumper, and I have a used filler panel in Laguna blue to replace the busted one. The problem is the trunk is pushed in several inches and as a result the trunk does not close or line up properly. I need a good shop to pull out the trunk and refit the trunk lid and align it. The car drives far too straight to have much more than cosmetic damage. Anyone have any recs on a good body guy? Once that is done, I can get a rebuild title and register it. I'm not in a huge hurry, but I do have new shocks and a roll bar waiting transplant so I'd like to autoX or HPDE this car a few times this year. Next year it's getting a 5.0 with AFR heads which is already waiting in the garage. As soon as it is repaired and on the road, I'm going to continue accumulating engine swap parts.

Thanks for the help,
    Anthony
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

If you don't mind going out to Wylie, give Mark Lam a call/text (2 one 4 six 6 9 o one 7 nine). He is a super nice guy. He does the work himself and stand behind it. I have been taking cars to him for more than 10 years. He also worked on several cars for the members here.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    If you don't mind going out to Wylie, give Mark Lam a call/text (2 one 4 six 6 9 o one 7 nine). He is a super nice guy. He does the work himself and stand behind it. I have been taking cars to him for more than 10 years. He also worked on several cars for the members here.
    Thank you! I will call tomorrow. I'd love to get this fixed so I can autoX this car some this summer. I have shocks, wheels, tires, a roll bar and a new top all waiting on this first.
    AnthonyS

Called and texted.... no luck so far. You sure the contact info is still correct?
    AnthonyS

He has a regular job. Some times it take a couple of days for him to reply. I will try to get in touch with him.
    Gabriel

He texted back and says no message from you. 214- six six 8- zero 179. Please try again. He is watching for your message now.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    He texted back and says no message from you. 214- six six 8- zero 179. Please try again. He is watching for your message now.
    Wow thank you very much for the help! I owe you a cold one of your choice at Keller's one night for sure or any other place of your choosing.
    AnthonyS

Any similar recommendations on the west side? My son needs some work done on the cheap.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^Check with Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    ^Check with Rogue.
    +1
    He did my hardtop. The only problem was it looked so good, it make the rest of my car look real bad.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    +1
    He did my hardtop. The only problem was it looked so good, it make the rest of my car look real bad.
    Ditto!
    1995 M Edition

Just in case this thread pops up again...

My body guy is Shiloh Bradford at Heritage Collision in Sherman, TX. Yes, its a long drive, but hwi work is impeccable. His shop will do anything (except wraps -- those are done by his neighbor,) but lately he's been doing a lot of race cars (repairing track damage, insluding getting the cars straightened,) and show cars (gorgeous work -- Shiloh's guys are top-notch.) He's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. I won't trust my cars to anyone else.

He did some hail repair on two of my cars recently. On the BMW, there was one tiny part missing that was shoopsed to be shipped to them. It didn't show and it was holding up delivery, so the shop manager drove to Plano early one morning to pick up the part so delivery wouldn't be delayed. On my other car, the Mazda, they were able to get most of the dents using paintless dent repair, but there were a few that required traditional dent work and paint. Rather than blend in the new paint with the factory paint (which could easily be done,) Shiloh decided to re-spray the entire car at no extra cost. Shiloh's a stand-up guy.

Thanks everyone for the great leads! I did get in touch with Mark and will be taking the car to him this weekend. I expect to autoX it some this year as a 4 banger and next year with a V8 if all goes well.
    AnthonyS

Process of saving a Laguna blue well under way. Hopefully I can get Mike to help me with the new top and I will see you guys at Kellers or an autocross soon.
    AnthonyS

Gabriel, Mark asked me to thank you for the rec. The work exceeded my expectations and made me a super happy customer. Not only was Mark easy to work with, he’s a really good guy too. Thanks again!
    AnthonyS