Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Solo Event #1 @ Pennington Field - 4/11/2010 -- second try

Default SCCA Solo Event #1 @ Pennington Field - 4/11/2010 -- second try

Hopefully, we will not have snow this time.

Anyone going to join me?

More info here: http://www.autocross.com/tr

I'll be there. Likely the last "pre baby" event for me.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

There's a chance of Sunshine! 0% chance of snow!

On a seperate thought.....

Sounds like we have a new eventsite!!

More info coming later, but as of now we'll most likely have an event there on June 20th.
    Last edited by autoxmax; 04-04-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Online registration closes Friday, April 9th at midnight.

Avoid the long lines by using the online registration process! If you have trouble using axware registration, take a look at the tutorial on our webpage; texassolo.org

See ya Sunday!!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

I'm packing my goloshes just in case you are wrong about the weather!

The course:

If I was to enter what class should I run? I have a 2006 350Z roadster, all stock running on star specs (street tire). Usually I would run CS (was BS last year). But I noticed a few other Z's in the street tire class. This would also be my first SCCA event, how many runs do I get? I think I can still register today.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    If I was to enter what class should I run? I have a 2006 350Z roadster, all stock running on star specs (street tire). Usually I would run CS (was BS last year). But I noticed a few other Z's in the street tire class. This would also be my first SCCA event, how many runs do I get? I think I can still register today.

Thanks.
    You would be in TCS, then.

Because of the number of entries, you usually only get four runs at an SCCA event, but you get a nice variety of competitors and a very competitive event.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Bring a roll of blue painters tape if you have don't have numbers/letters.
    SCCA does not use painter's tape, anymore. They have paper number plates that you can use.

Big thanks to Tim Bergin, Bob Bailey, Hal, and the rest of the Texas Region staff for accomodating my "special needs". Thanks to you guys I will get to run this event!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Big thanks to Tim Bergin, Bob Bailey, Hal, and the rest of the Texas Region staff for accomodating my "special needs". Thanks to you guys I will get to run this event!
    What, are they on call to go to the hospital in case you haven't finished racing?
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Close - the doc confined Mel to bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy. Her cousin is in town this week, but leaving early Sunday afternoon. I had Mel's blessing to go to this event, but I didn't want to leave her alone at the house all afternoon. Tim B. and company were willing to help me out with a pre-event work assignment.

Side note - if you want to line up in the special expedited registration line Sunday morning, bring cash or a check made payable to... "Iain's kid's college fund".
    Iain

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    You would be in TCS, then.

Because of the number of entries, you usually only get four runs at an SCCA event, but you get a nice variety of competitors and a very competitive event.
    Or he can run one of the ST* classes (STR?) If you don't have a ton of experience, run N-CS.

Run/work order?

Sorry - many women in house this weekend - me revert to cave man talk.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I wish you hadn't mentioned this. There are so many here with "special needs".
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Or he can run one of the ST* classes (STR?) If you don't have a ton of experience, run N-CS.
    Looks like the other 350z's are in :
    T - Tire (Pax) - 20 Entries
    I guess that is the TCS mentioned - Street tire CS??

So confusing. I know I can run CS, only one other entry right now in CS is an RX8 that should beat me. Is the Tire (pax) same as TCS and the pax index handicaps my car against the others (my car is heavy)?

As far as novice I have run about 6 autoX events and 5 time trials so I don't know if I am novice still.

still confused.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I can run CS, only one other entry right now in CS is an RX8 that should beat me. Is the Tire (pax) same as TCS and the pax index handicaps my car against the others (my car is heavy)?
    You can run CS, but you'll be on street tires vs. R-compounds.

Yes, Tire class is PAX'd. If you run class TCS with all the other street tire cars, your times will be PAX'd against the CS factor of .840. Different cars, different classes, different PAX factors.

http://www.rgrscca.com/2010pax.htm

Driver

Looks like the other 350z's are in :
    T - Tire (Pax) - 20 Entries
    I guess that is the TCS mentioned - Street tire CS??

So confusing. I know I can run CS, only one other entry right now in CS is an RX8 that should beat me. Is the Tire (pax) same as TCS and the pax index handicaps my car against the others (my car is heavy)?

As far as novice I have run about 6 autoX events and 5 time trials so I don't know if I am novice still.

still confused.
    You're still a novice until you think you're not. The SCCA will give you a "battlefield promotion" after you win 3 times in a season. IMO you can run either CS, T-CS or N-CS. I'd lean to N-CS.

Thanks everyone,
    I tried to register online but because I am not an SCCA member it seems I can't do it. I thought I could use a weekend membership and still register online but apparently not??

I guess they take walk up registrations for non SCCA members on Sunday morning, assuming there are spots available?

This is much more difficult than the ER, PCA or NTAXS registration.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast