Thread: Leather Seat Cleaner and Conditioner recommendation?

Default Leather Seat Cleaner and Conditioner recommendation?

I need to clean and condition the leather seats in my daughters car (not a miata, it's a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee). The seats are still in really great condition just barely showing a little wear on the drivers seat. From reading on AutoGeek.com it sounds like I want a neutral pH cleaner/conditioner that contains no petroleum distillates. I'd prefer something that doesn't leave a glossy/oily shine.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I just roll the dice and order something?

TIA
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

I've always been fond of Lexol. Makes your car smell of sheep. Your dogs will love you.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Another fan of Lexol's stuff.

But I saw this on the youtube and may have to give it a try - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHL9zyIizzA

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Another fan of Lexol's stuff.

But I saw this on the youtube and may have to give it a try - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHL9zyIizzA
    Thanks. Good info but that dude talks WAY too much...
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA

Suspension Modder

Lexol works well, and has been around forever.
    At most autozone or Advanced Auto you should be able to find Griots leather cleaner as well.
    Avoid armorall for anything.

Remember that scrubbing with abrasives will go through the paint used on leather, so get a good soft cleaning brush and it will be fine.

The woolite/off brand version is a great cleaner for light cleaning, and if you have some around its a good tool. I just use a basic interior detailer/cleaner for light cleaning, and I can use it on the whole interior, plastics included.

And here is a much better video with some options. Larry owns Ammo NYC and uses his product in the video (leather lather), but he is really good about not pushing it, just shows what he uses. He also uses a lot of other brands in videos, and isnt married to his stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bd_IqK5ydU

Wound up rolling the dice and ordered Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Leather and Vinyl cleaner and their Leather Conditioner from AutoGeek. Seemed to get good reviews but a little pricey. just finished and overall I'm real happy with it. Cleaner seemed to work really well and didn't require a lot of "scubbing". Conditioner soaked in well and really softened up the leather. nice leathery smell was a plus. Her seats overall were still in really great shape so not sure how it'd work on really dirty worn seats. wish I had experience with other products so I could make a comparison but overall I'm happy with the results.
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA

Oh yeah, I was already done when it ocurred to me I didn't do anything to the steering wheel which appears to be leather or a good imitation. Do you guys also treat your leather steering wheels just like the seats or is there something different I should do for that?
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA