Thread: Ennis 1/4mi

Default Ennis 1/4mi

Went out to Ennis and ran the 1/4mi last night. Did 6 passes. I did all launches between 2k - 3k rpm. All bogged off the line, but at least I didn't have to get a flatbed ride home. It was a Pro Tree.

Best run:
    RT .911
    60" 2.359
    330" 6.385
    1/8th 9.704
    mph 75.40
    1000" 12.540
    1/4 14.946
    mph 94.10
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Pro tree is something to get used to and it's even worse if your the second person lining up, no time to find the perfect rpm to launch etc. You weren't a red miata were you? My friend from the track called me up to go on out there, but instead i stayed home and did nothing.

I guess it's mostly red. Why? What did your buddy say?
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

He said it was the ugliest miata he's ever seen and that you ran high 14's. So whats so ugly about it?

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    He said it was the ugliest miata he's ever seen and that you ran high 14's. So whats so ugly about it?
    LOL!!!! In nathan's defense, it's a work in progress. It's definitely all go right now.

Just call it fairly cheap speed.

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post

Just kidding. How it looks is the last thing I care about. It is primer grey in the front, and has a white hardtop. All the parts that aren't red were free, so I can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    LOL!!!! In nathan's defense, it's a work in progress. It's definitely all go right now.

Just call it fairly cheap speed.
    So far I have spent <$7k including the car. When I hit my goal of 250whp, I'll worry about how it looks.

nice RT...lol.

How do the prostock guys do it?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    nice RT...lol.

How do the prostock guys do it?
    They aren't human.