Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entertaining weekend at Hallett

Have you thought about installing a video camera? If you are kind of nervous about others driving your car, this could be an easy way for them to take a look at what you are doing around the track.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    Have you thought about installing a video camera? If you are kind of nervous about others driving your car, this could be an easy way for them to take a look at what you are doing around the track.
    yeah, I need to pick up a cam. I'll let other people drive, but they have to be the same size as me.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I'll let other people drive, but they have to be the same size as me.
    No they don't. Miatas@Hallett is 4 weeks away. Just ride with me then. I can ride along with you or so could Mike, Michael or Gary.

Your becoming too obsessed with the transponder. Track time is supposed to be a stress reliever not a stress creator. Your too worried.......STOP IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    No they don't. Miatas@Hallett is 4 weeks away. Just ride with me then. I can ride along with you or so could Mike, Michael or Gary.

Your becoming too obsessed with the transponder. Track time is supposed to be a stress reliever not a stress creator. Your too worried.......STOP IT!!!!
    My seat is bolted to the floor, they have to be the same size as me.

I need an instructor that will yell, hit, belittle, and make fun of me. With a minimum of 3 seconds deficiency, I should have a laundry list of embarrassment.

I'm determined come out of my 8 months in OK with something to show for it. I don't want to be in the "more money than intelligence" designation.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    My seat is bolted to the floor, they have to be the same size as me.

I need an instructor that will yell, hit, belittle, and make fun of me. With a minimum of 3 seconds deficiency, I should have a laundry list of embarrassment.

I'm determined come out of my 8 months in OK with something to show for it. I don't want to be in the "more money than intelligence" designation.
    Well, that's almost as severe as Gary riding with me, except I'm a fast learner and didn't have to do it for very long. Gary was by far the best thing that improved my driving in one track session. It was taking what he taught me in 1 session and then applying it to every session/track day after that, that has allowed me to visualize the track much better. He's a very aggressive driver and instructor. If you ride with me, you'll find that I'm aggressive, just not as aggressive as Gary.(he has much more power and way bigger brakes and tires)

Well, that's almost as severe as Gary riding with me, except I'm a fast learner and didn't have to do it for very long. Gary was by far the best thing that improved my driving in one track session. It was taking what he taught me in 1 session and then applying it to every session/track day after that, that has allowed me to visualize the track much better. He's a very aggressive driver and instructor. If you ride with me, you'll find that I'm aggressive, just not as aggressive as Gary.(he has much more power and way bigger brakes and tires)
    I'm not looking for an excuse for my inferior abilities, but I've badgered every instructor I've had so far to give more input. If I'm not clicking off high 1:30's, the instructor needs to be yelling and screaming...not telling me "you have a good line."...apparently not if I'm embarrassed to show up.

1 pair for the front and 1 pair for the rear.
    Why not just adjust one side up and down? No sense in wasting another $85...unless the heim's don't have enough range for that.

When Mike P. and I were running our sessions at Hallett last year, we were two of the few guys without transponders. Therefore, we only had an approximation of the times we were running. But I'll bet you we had more FUN than pretty much everyone out there...

YMMV...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    When Mike P. and I were running our sessions at Hallett last year, we were two of the few guys without transponders. Therefore, we only had an approximation of the times we were running. But I'll bet you we had more FUN than pretty much everyone out there...

YMMV...
    I need to find a buddy with a bicycle to pair up with then.

Well, something must be looking up.

You got rid of the famed 'Douche Canoe' status.

I'd just go out and have some more fun. Not worry so much about the numbers. I would think that will come with more seat time.
    Last edited by Radio-Active; 08-28-2007 at 01:12 PM. Reason: :)
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    Well, something must be looking up.

I'm moving up in the world.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by someone awake
    You're welcome.

DISCLAIMER - Management reserves the right to re-instate said 'Douche Canoe" status at any given time to any given body. Thank you. Please drive thru.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    DISCLAIMER - Management reserves the right to re-instate said 'Douche Canoe" status at any given time to any given body. Thank you. Please drive thru.
    I nominate Titus.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I nominate Titus.
    Be careful BR, you might nominate yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12