Thread: Normal Alignment

Default Normal Alignment

The front left tire on the GFs cobalt is showing uneven wear. The outside of the tire is just to the wear bar. The rest is probably another 2/32s above it or maybe even a little more. The rears look really good and the right front is slightly better. I am going to rotate the tires, but I also wanted to know about the alignment. I figure there is a little toe in to cause the outside edge to wear. Could it still be in factory spec and cause that wear. I am going to take it to the local NTB and get a basic alignment but I want to make sure the right spec is changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    The front left tire on the GFs cobalt is showing uneven wear. The outside of the tire is just to the wear bar. The rest is probably another 2/32s above it or maybe even a little more. The rears look really good and the right front is slightly better. I am going to rotate the tires, but I also wanted to know about the alignment. I figure there is a little toe in to cause the outside edge to wear. Could it still be in factory spec and cause that wear. I am going to take it to the local NTB and get a basic alignment but I want to make sure the right spec is changed.
    I assume a brand new car from the dealer lot and have not taken to say NTB for an alignment check? You'd be suprised how many dealerships do not make sure the alignment is in spec before selling a new car. I've seen a handfull of brand new vehicles less than 15-30k miles on them needing new tires due to bad alignment. I've heard that they only set the front toe from the factory then send them to the dealers.....
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

usually new cars arent too bad. but my record was quite a few adjustments on a 07 escalade with 400 miles on it!
    that cobalt likes to turn right hard as heck, and less camber and or more toe is needed. cya soon! :)