Default Miatas at Hallet

So,

Who's going?

When are you leaving?

Where are you staying?

Caravan?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I still have a hotel room reserved if someone needs it. (comes with a roommate) If noone wants it i'll go but won't be driving.
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    So,

Who's going?

When are you leaving?

Where are you staying?

Caravan?
    I'm going.

Leaving sometime Friday am, preferably around 9:00 or so.

Staying at the Hampton Inn.

Will have at least one other Miata with me, would like more.

Will likely be taking the route TrackDog recommends - up 75 to Durant, then straight north on OK 48 - 2 lanes, no traffic, occasional (ok, rare) curves... It was a very pleasant drive last year.
    '96 M-edition

I'm showing up early saturday morning because I'm still in OKC.

I might join you for the 9:00 drive. What are you planning on doing when you get there?

I'm also staying at the Hampton.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I've gotta work on friday. I'll most likely be going by myself. I'll take the Indian nation turnpike most likely. We'll see, it all depends on how fast I can deliver my route.

I might join you for the 9:00 drive. What are you planning on doing when you get there?

I'm also staying at the Hampton.
    No plans to speak of...

We actually didn't get out of town until around 10 or after last year. We drove at a relaxed pace, stopped in some little town for lunch, and ended up at the HI sometime early afternoon. They were doing tech checks when we arrived and it took awhile to get through that, then we spent some time gawking at other folks' cars. I got a short test drive in FM's '99, made a gas run to fill up my car, had dinner...

We stayed for the novice/instructor dinner last year. This year, I may join one of the group dinner runs instead. There'll be plenty to do...
    '96 M-edition

Quote Originally Posted by CraiginTX View Post
    No plans to speak of...

We actually didn't get out of town until around 10 or after last year. We drove at a relaxed pace, stopped in some little town for lunch, and ended up at the HI sometime early afternoon. They were doing tech checks when we arrived and it took awhile to get through that, then we spent some time gawking at other folks' cars. I got a short test drive in FM's '99, made a gas run to fill up my car, had dinner...

We stayed for the novice/instructor dinner last year. This year, I may join one of the group dinner runs instead. There'll be plenty to do...
    If I can't get out there until 7:30 pm on friday, is it even worth going? I emailed them about showing up early for tech, and it don't think I'll be able to run the first session.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    If I can't get out there until 7:30 pm on friday, is it even worth going? I emailed them about showing up early for tech, and it don't think I'll be able to run the first session.
    You should be able to get tech'ed at the track early Sat AM. Don't know why you'd *have* to show up any earlier than that...
    '96 M-edition

Well, getting there at 7:30 Friday means you get some dinner you already paid for. Plus it means you don't have to get up at A$$crack thirty Sat. morning to drive to the track.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Not sure when I'm leaving yet. It depends on what my dad does. We usually meet in OKC.

We're staying at the Budget zzz in Cleveland. 9 miles to the track in the morning. We'll be at the Hampton both evenings.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

I'm showing up early saturday morning because I'm still in OKC.
    Same here. We can head up together if you want, I will be doing early tech Sat. morning.

What time are you thinking about heading out?
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Not sure when I'm leaving yet. It depends on what my dad does. We usually meet in OKC.

We're staying at the Budget zzz in Cleveland. 9 miles to the track in the morning. We'll be at the Hampton both evenings.
    You guys change your mind about coming back toward OKC for Sat. night? Just let me know, as you know you are still welcome if ya need the room here.

So,

Who's going?

When are you leaving?

Where are you staying?

Caravan?
    I'm in.

Leaving whenever.

Staying at Hampton.

Friday caravan sounds great!

SA

Quote Originally Posted by Checker View Post
    You guys change your mind about coming back toward OKC for Sat. night? Just let me know, as you know you are still welcome if ya need the room here.
    I'll get in on the afterparty.

My sister just haggled me to crash in her hotel. So I might go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Checker View Post
    It really just depends on whether you drive the extra 60 miles (round trip) to eat the dinner and get the freebies Sat. night. Plus we wouldn't be able to leave any non track essentials at the hotel, as we'd have to check out early in the morn.

Can I still be a maybe? Thanks Chickity Check.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I'm going. Stating at the Budget zzz with the Sharps. I'm game for a caravan.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I wouldn't think a Caravan would go around a track very fast. I'd stick with the MPV... :b
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    It really just depends on whether you drive the extra 60 miles (round trip) to eat the dinner and get the freebies Sat. night. Plus we wouldn't be able to leave any non track essentials at the hotel, as we'd have to check out early in the morn.

Can I still be a maybe? Thanks Chickity Check.
    More details needed. Is the dinner far from the track? As in an hour farther out of the way than the OKC area?

Of course it can still be a maybe.

If the dinner is that far away, I may have to bug out after the event & head home. Not positive though.

Either way, the invite is open.

Quote Originally Posted by CraiginTX View Post
    I'm going.

Leaving sometime Friday am, preferably around 9:00 or so.

Will likely be taking the route TrackDog recommends - up 75 to Durant, then straight north on OK 48 - 2 lanes, no traffic, occasional (ok, rare) curves... It was a very pleasant drive last year.
    Okay, so Friday...

So far, Miatamoto, SixAce, and Black Roadster have expressed interest, plus me and Paul H. (BRG from last year). I'd suggest a meeting place in the McKinney-ish latitudes along US75 - preferably one where we could pick up some caffeine and munchies - but don't know of one off hand... Ideas, BR?

Anyone else care to join?

I vote for a 9:30 departure from the meeting place for Hallett, but we could push that back if you need it, Thomas. I know it's a long way from Mexico.

Bring FRS radios if you have 'em. They may not be the best, but I know BR and Paul and I all have them...
    '96 M-edition

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast