Thread: HEY OUTRACE! Need your opinion on this...

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Default HEY OUTRACE! Need your opinion on this...

Oh no, an ebay link!

Would YOU buy an ex-track rat? 3k miles on a motor doesn't sound like much, unless they're hard ("track") miles. On the other hand, most track junkies are pretty good about maintenance.

The thing is, there aren't many TLs to be found -- and this one comes with some choice mods (PC, Penske, extra bodywork). But unknown mileage, no street tires...

Hmm...
    [/url]

Here's my suggestion.

Go to http://www.cmraracing.com/mboard.htm and see if you can find that bike for sale in their classifieds. I just looked and didn't see it.

Now, if you were selling a CMRA racebike in the CMRA's region, why would you not put it on their classifieds? Hmmmmmm?

Warning signs..... Fresh paint job. 2001 motor in a 1999 bike? Why? What did they do to the old motor?

Email them and ask which classes they ran in and which number they ran. Then go to the CMRA results page to see if they finished their races. DNFs usually mean "El Crasho". We don't suffer many mechanical failures in the sport.

If you really wanna consider it, I'd ask to take a look at it. If there's a single scratch on the frame, DON'T BUY IT.

Ask if you can write all the numbers down and call the DPD to check the hotlist.

Honestly, it seems a bit cheap, a bit vague, and a bit fishy. Do some checking and it might turn out OK. Just remember, if it doesn't seem right......it's probably not.
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

Two last things.

The front number plate (white area) is too small to be legal for CMRA racing unless the rider was a VERY highly ranked expert with a single digit number.

Does that VIN number make sense for a 1999 bike? I dunno, call a Suzuki dealer or the DMV.
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Damn, that was quick!

It didn't occur to me to check for standings. I saw the MSR membership sticker on the triple and figured it was a non-competition "toy". But I definitely wouldn't buy sight-unseen, which is why I'm trying to shop (relatively) local.

Heck, as long as I'm heading that way, maybe the kind folks at the Ranch will let me get some seat time on the skidpad. (Hey, it could happen.)

Thanks, man!

No problemo.

Maybe it's just his MSR toy. Who knows. He doesn't suggest it has been made CMRA legal....... so maybe it's a good deal.

If you find out the bike is owned by Bob Dickie, go ahead and buy it. He's always been straight up with me and he lives in that area.

Take a look and enjoy it if you snag a deal.

Hey thats funny (not that it has much to do with this thread) Bob Dickie used to autoX his eclipse when I had one too. He has since retired from the autoX scene, but I agree he was a stand up guy, and I would buy any of his bikes or cars.

I didn't know Bob slid 4 wheelers around too. Small world.

Bob was the first guy I know who said, "Man! You were FLYIN' when I passed you!"

Yeah he had a miata before the eclipse too, but he said he sold it because when the weather was nice enough to take the miata, he would take a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Yeah he had a miata before the eclipse too, but he said he sold it because when the weather was nice enough to take the miata, he would take a bike.
    Somehow, I can relate.

It's sorta strange, but Bob apparently has an FJR1300 now too.

Birds of a feather? Nah, I'm much better looking than he is.