Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lone Star BMW CCA Autocross #8 at TMS bus lot 10/13/07

Oh yeah, in case anyone was wondering, ken o is plenty fast in his new Mini. Sigh.

Andrew beat me by .002

Oh man. Close race, good times, Thomas owes me a ride, Brad had a base model Miata (just like me - cept for convenience package)....the mini's were hauling ass, the Mustangs sucked as always, as did the f bodies.

I saw this RX8 out there with 20s, gold 20s. It was fast, though - but I heard "Get Low" by Lil Jon on corner 6 every time he passed me.

Good times. But I do agree, the turn after the first slalom, pretty tight - the last turn, also pretty tight...
    Previously owned: 2004 Classic Red - 135,000 miles
    H&R Street Performance Coilovers | Racing Beat Hollow Front Sway | Hawk HP+ Pads | BF Goodrich GForce Sports | DIY Short CAI | Mazdaspeed Muffler | Pioneer DEH-5800MP | Alpine F353 V12 Amp | JL Audio C5-650 Components | Pioneer Premier 10" Shallow Mount | Skunk2 Knob | 5000k HIDs | Many bowls of Rice

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    Had a good time, nice meeting you Brad. Thomas great times as always.

aalvarez04 it was good meeting you today!

Had a blast today, and I ran better than I thought I would....no spins to please the crowd but I will be doing as many BMW events as possible.

Well time to rest for tomorrow. C you guys there.
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Here's the video! This was my fastest clean run. I had a slightly faster run but nudge a cone out of the box with the rear tire. I was about .1 sec slower than Hanchey in the XP car, but Terry Fair was able to get down to a 49.8 in the gutted LS1 "GMW." I'm happy with those results

Looks like I got a little behind on the second slalom on this run but overall it was fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBItOszcO4M

I have no idea how the corner workers could hear the Lil Jon over the loud exhaust. Yeeeeaaahh!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I liked the BMW course. Will try to post a video later. I need to work on wheel spin in the Mini.

Some say he goes to America and autocross' in a rx8 and he's asian. All we know is he is called the Stig.

Some say he goes to America and autocross' in a rx8 and he's asian. All we know is he is called the Stig.

LOL!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Who has the link for the results, I need to do a little miata vs. ^$ car comparison.

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

thanks Ken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12