Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Solo II Event #8 - TMS Bus Lot 10/21/07

Some news about Sunday's event and the SCCA Membership/Meet the Candidates meeting...

- The Soccer kids will be there cooking up brats and dogs again. They're set to arrive around 10:00.

- The course was supposed to be pretty close to the Nationals West course, but I think Piper has some other tricks up his sleeve. With our new wireless timing lights there are less restrictions on trailer placement, so he may be trying something completely different.

- The annual SCCA 'meet the candidates' meeting is being held tonight at BoneDaddy's in Grapevine. It's a great chance to eat some good BBQ, meet the folks who are running for the SCCA 'Big Board', and take in the -ahem- sights. Phil Adams is running for the Big Board this year, hopefully joining me and doubling the solo representation if he wins. For those of you that don't know - the Big Board is the BOD for TX Region, and covers everything from Road Race to Rally, and of course Solo. It's a different group than the Solo BOD. There's a new candidate for RE (Tim Evans) as Ralph Siebert will be stepping down, and a few other familiar faces that will be running this year. Festivities begin at 6:30pm. BD's is on the West side of William D Tate just south of 114.

- While I'm on the subject of elections and such, it's now official that the SCCA is requiring membership for participation in any SCCA Solo event for 2008. Before anyone panics, rest assured that I'm working on a plan that will make this as painless and seemless as possible. There will be temporary memberships available, but I'd really like to create an incentive to join that's hard to pass up. Stay tuned for more details as they evolve.

Matt
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    the brakes were horrid (probably due to a track compound brake pad never getting up to proper temp).
    No, that's how they are normally in those cars.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

And he should know!
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

see ya'll there!
    making the most out of a 07 civic si

re: Phil Adams running for the SCCA Texas Region "big board"

anyone who is an SCCA member should vote for Phil, and unless there is another candidate on the slate that you know and actively wish to vote for, ONLY vote for Phil

the way they count the votes, if there are 4 people running for 3 spots, only the top 3 vote getters are elected

so, don't just fill in the ballot for someone you don't know, only vote for those you do know and wish to see elected

been there, did that, was on the board for two years a while back
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

Hey, anybody need a co-driver? I have some issues with my car and my lack of mechanical skill, so I wont be driving it on sunday. Let's just say ac and power steering belt tensioner bolts don't agree with me for some reason.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    Hey, anybody need a co-driver? I have some issues with my car and my lack of mechanical skill, so I wont be driving it on sunday. Let's just say ac and power steering belt tensioner bolts don't agree with me for some reason.
    You are welcome to drive mine.

I'll be there!

You can co-drive my tire ES 93LE for the low low price of entry fee PM if interested
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    I'll be there!
    Promises, promises...

Look forward to seeing you again.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Promises, promises...
    Since my last autox (TMS road course in June), I've become a grandfather! My daughter, son-in-law, and new grandson live in Little Rock. Needless to say, I've been traveling a lot on weekends.

I'm REALLY excited to make this one, and I'm planning on the November race in Ft. Worth, too (unless I'm summoned to fly or drive to LIT again!).

See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    Since my last autox (TMS road course in June), I've become a grandfather! My daughter, son-in-law, and new grandson live in Little Rock. Needless to say, I've been traveling a lot on weekends.

I'm REALLY excited to make this one, and I'm planning on the November race in Ft. Worth, too (unless I'm summoned to fly or drive to LIT again!).

See you there!
    well congrats on that man ... i love kids .. when i can *EDIT* feed them tons of sugar and send them back to thier parents ... or give them loud toys to annoy parents with that is always fun too
    Last edited by synaptik; 10-20-2007 at 10:34 AM.
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

Quote Originally Posted by synaptik View Post
    well... i love kids .. with tons of sugar
    That's taking the halloween thing a little bit too far, don't ya think?

HA way to turn that around should have expected that one

SICKO ........
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

Thanks jrj512 for the co-drive, and to Cosmos for the offer, see you guys sunday
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

You could always come back to your old ride . . . same deal as before. OTOH, if you want to try another car, I'll understand.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    You could always come back to your old ride . . . same deal as before. OTOH, if you want to try another car, I'll understand.
    You sound so needy.

He turned down my co-driver offer also......

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    If I don't have to work I'll be there.
    Well??

Thanks jrj512 for the co-drive, and to Cosmos for the offer, see you guys sunday
    Anytime, just make sure you insist on riding shotgun with jrj512 on all his runs
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    You sound so needy.

He turned down my co-driver offer also......
    Oh, I didn't know you were offering, I've been wanting to try some R-comps. . .I probably can't afford it, I had to buy some big black garbage bags to lay down in jrj512's driver's seat. Don't want to catch anything

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast