Thread: Flight Tracking Website

Question Flight Tracking Website

My daughter is returning from Virgina tonight and I was trying to figure out how to track her flight on-line. Her flight already has been delayed due to weather....

Google brings up a bunch of choices, anyone got a recommendation?

TIA

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Call the airline.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Call the airline.

Angry

I hope she isn't on Delta:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3366947.shtml

When my daughter flew back from California with my Mom on delta, they couldn't get them seated together. My daughter is 4. They said don't worry... she'll be fine. The best they could do is getting my Mom 2 rows back from her. Between that experience, and then reading the article above, I will NEVER fly Delta again.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When my daughter flew back from California with my Mom on delta, they couldn't get them seated together. My daughter is 4. They said don't worry... she'll be fine. The best they could do is getting my Mom 2 rows back from her. Between that experience, and then reading the article above, I will NEVER fly Delta again.
    She is traveling with my parents, they are mean spirited and overly protective of my kid, so I know they are fine. No way they would get separated by some uncaring gate jockey.

I am however slightly concerned for the rest of the passengers and flight crew.

If they are flying American Airlines use the automated flight information system at 800-223-5436

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    If they are flying American Airlines use the automated flight information system at 800-223-5436

RJ

I want to see where the plane is in real time.

Like this! (I hope this works!)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Cool! It will even give a real time display!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    She is traveling with my parents, they are mean spirited...
    Hmm, things are starting to come together.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Use your cell phone and pretend it's teh intraweb.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I hope she isn't on Delta:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3366947.shtml

Well, they can't move a paying customer without good reason, but they (and you) can ask nicely if someone will trade seats with you. They should have specified when they bought the tickets that the child was under 14 (I think that is the cutoff) and the ticket agent should have gotten two seats together. That isn't the airlines fault, that is the person buying the ticket's fault. They knew she wasn't gonna be a lap-child (under 2), or else they wouldn't have bought 2 tickets, so why didn't they specify they needed them to be together? If they were flying stand-by, sucks to be them, cause you get the seats available, and it is against company policy to ask paying customers to move in ANY SITUATION. If they were stand-by, the only option they could use was to wait on another flight.

As far as the child getting molested, that is FUCKED UP. But why sue Delta? They didn't even press charges on the guy who did it, they didn't even know who he was, yet they went ahead and jumped on the airline for letting it happen. The girl probably said she wanted another seat, not the reason, or the flight attendant would have moved her right then. And I am willing to bet the same attendant asked her if she was alright a few more times on the flight, and the girl didn't speak up. I have flown 100s and 100s of times, most I was alone and 7 to 15 yrs old. They practically smother you with attention, and I doubt they ignored the shit out of this little girl, which is the only way this suit holds any water.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    But why sue Delta?
    First rule of law - sue everybody possibly involved.

A good judge will disallow all the frivolous suits and drop the defendants that don't need to be in the case. Remember, they're only filing papers to sue, it probably won't make it to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    First rule of law - sue everybody possibly involved.
    Second rule of law - make sure you sue the person with the deepest pockets.

Remember, they'll likely toss you a pretty nice settlement offer to just make it go away.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

There are plenty of great apps like:

1. Flight Departures
    2. GateGuru
    3. Flightradar24, etc.

There are other trusted flight tracker apps too but I would suggest you to read more about them before deciding which one would be best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by louislitt View Post
    There are plenty of great apps like:

1. Flight Departures
    2. GateGuru
    3. Flightradar24, etc.

There are other trusted flight tracker apps too but I would suggest you to read more about them before deciding which one would be best for you.
    Man you are just 10 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days late to the party.

But did she make it home?!?!?