Thread: So I got pulled over...again

Default So I got pulled over...again

Just another day in my life...I guess. Except this time I was riding a Bicycle. You know, the kind with pedals. It was 3:30 am and I was going to work, when I had the unsettling feeling of a car stalking me on my bicycle. I look over my shoulder to see that it was a Plano PD squad car. He hit the lights and I stopped in the first parking lot entrance I came to. He then interrogated me on the side of the road, agressive and assertive attitude included, to find out where I came from and where I was going. Interrogation techniques like re-wording and repeating questions to try to trip up my story were implemented. He searched my backpack. His buddy showed up in another patrol car. After my story was considered truthful, based on the address on my liscence and Central Market shirt in my backpack (I was asked to show the logo to prove that it was indeed a CM shirt), his whole demeanor changed to a calmer and friendlier human being. I was told that there was an APB on "white male with backpack on a bicycle" for some hotel parking lot thieft. Funny story, huh? I still got to work on time, so no harm done.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

So the phone call to 911 worked then. Sweet!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

They were supposed to do a body cavity search though....
    ...and across the line.

Time to put an "It wasn't me!" sign on your back!

...and across the line.

F*****' lying bastards. There was no call about a guy on a bike. They need to learn to be nice first and then get rude when it's needed.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

^ Nice

Sorry to hear about that Bo
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    I was told that there was an APB on "white male with backpack on a bicycle" for some hotel parking lot thieft. Funny story, huh? I still got to work on time, so no harm done.

Sounds like racial profiling to me!

sounds like the plano police to me ...bunch of asses
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post

Sorry to hear about that Bo
    Not necessary. I got a good laugh about it. I knew that I had done nothing wrong. Also, if I go more than 6 months between police encounters, it throws my world out of balance. I'm just glad he didn't try to give me a ticket for something. Rumors of cyclists getting tickets for running stop lights/signs are becoming more common lately.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

you deserved it.

Rumors of cyclists getting tickets for running stop lights/signs are becoming more common lately.
    Bicyclists do have to abide by the same laws as cars.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    Bicyclists do have to abide by the same laws as cars.
    Except, bicycles are allowed to "drive" on the shoulder of the road.

My son's roommate at college got a ticket for speeding while riding his bicycle on campus. He was doing 25 mph in a 20 mph zone.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

haha that sux
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

Rumors of cyclists getting tickets for running stop lights/signs are becoming more common lately.
    I got a ticket for no seatbelt on mine the other day. They're pretty tough around here.

Not necessary. I got a good laugh about it. I knew that I had done nothing wrong. Also, if I go more than 6 months between police encounters, it throws my world out of balance. I'm just glad he didn't try to give me a ticket for something. Rumors of cyclists getting tickets for running stop lights/signs are becoming more common lately.
    Meh, don't be so sure that you're innocent. I received a ticket in Dallas for "traffic - miscellaneous"!!! Reason for dismissal, "miscellaneous!"
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...