Thread: 1999 TURBO Miata with tons of Flying Miata stuff $12,500

Default 1999 TURBO Miata with tons of Flying Miata stuff $12,500

Christin and I had our first child about 3 months ago and the Miata hasn't been touched. So we are considering selling my wife’s toy. It’s a 1999 Mazda Miata. It is in excellent shape and female driven. However this particular female is an experienced autocrosser. The car was built by ATS Racing in Denton and has most of the Flying Miata catalog installed on it.

Original options are:

Sport package – Lightest package available, no power windows, no cruise control, no ground effects except the front air dam with brake vents. Sport package cars got Bilstein shocks, front strut tower braces and a Torsen LSD.
    Air conditioning - COLD

Aftermarket accessories:

Flying Miata FM2 turbocharger kit – original price was about $4000 for the turbo kit (FM no longer sells this exact kit, they have a cheaper one with less fuel (less power) and a more expensive one with a full ECU (the brain) (won’t pass TX emissions).
    The kit includes:
    Garret T25 ball bearing turbo
    Custom turbocharger exhaust manifold
    Turbocharger downpipe
    Turbocharger blow – off -valve
    Turbo Link Piggy Back ECU – controls additional injectors, turbo boost level and ignition timing under boost – this car passes the annual Texas emissions test with flying colors
    Intake manifold with 4 additional fuel injectors (injectors controlled by Link ECU)
    Front mount intercooler with piping/tubing
    Flying Miata turbo boost gauge
    Tuned by ATS Racing

Flying Miata cat back exhaust - $378
    Flying Miata resonated mid pipe with cat - $305
    Flying Miata Aluminum Radiator - $472
    Flying Miata Stage 2 high performance radiator fans - $428
    Flying Miata Clutch and Lightweight aluminum flywheel - $799
    Flying Miata/Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires $78.95
    Flying Miata Cannon rear subframe brace (not installed) $141

This car has dyno’d at 195 rear wheel horsepower. Almost TWICE a stock 1.8 liter Miata. That is 250 flywheel horsepower, about 70hp MORE than a factory turbo Miata.

Then there are the brakes. WOW, this car can STOP:
    Flying Miata 4 wheel big brake kit $1660
    It uses Wilwood 4 piston lightweight aluminum calipers up front with lightweight (notice a theme here?) 2 piece rotors. The rears are also 2 piece rotors and use RX-7 calipers. There are also steel braided brake lines for incredible pedal feel.

Great brakes won’t help you without good tires/traction:
    SSR (a popular Japanese brand: Speed Star Racing, not discount tire look a likes) 16x7 inch lightweight (duh) wheels with really sticky Hankook tires. Tires have less than 3000 miles on them with lots of tread left. The wheels are about $200 each, but the tires were fairly inexpensive at $90 each – total with mounting balancing ~$1250

The interior:
    Aftermarket cruise control
    Alpine Alarm with digital LCD display
    Blitz turbo timer (allows you to let the car idle for 60-90 seconds after you park to allow the turbocharger to cool down)
    DUAL SEAT HEATERS – they keep your butt and back warm in the fall/winter!!
    Flying Miata/Hard Dog Double Diagonal roll bar - $385
    There is a digital heads up display that projects the boost gauge onto the windshield – you can focus on it or look right through it – pretty trick, nearly $400 too.

And finally the stereo:
    Clarion Pro Audio head unit with separate component digital signal processor
    6 disc CD changer in glove box (3 or 4 extra cartridges included)
    Memphis Amp for the mids/highs
    Ohm (not sure of the brand) amp for the subwoofers
    Component tweeters/midranges installed in the doors
    crossovers hidden in the dash
    Custom subwoofer enclosure behind the seats with dual 8” subwoofers that also doubles as a windblocker
    The sound is just amazing, especially for a convertible. It’s not just bass either, it’s very clear at all volume levels. It’s LOUD, but not obnoxious…unless you want to be.

Overall condition is EXCELLENT. The car has just under 55,000 original miles. The modifications and turbo kit were installed at approximately 25,000 miles. The car has ZERO accidents, but about 75% of it was repainted in 2004 after a hail storm. There is a small 1” rip in the top that has been patched (on the inside) and is visible from about 3 feet away.

We have a hardtop on the car too. We had it painted to match this summer. It is included with the sale at the full asking price. We also have a cover, a top cover, a grill guard/protector/rear suspension brace, and a few other accessories that are not installed.

This car is absolutely as reliable as a stock Miata. This is my wife’s fourth Miata so we know a little about them (understatement). She used to daily drive the car most days, but fortunately it’s only a 7 mile round trip to work, hence the low miles.

With over $14,000 in aftermarket accessories we feel pretty justified in asking $12,500 for the car. We are not in a must sell situation, but would appreciate the driveway space.

E-mail me at [email protected] or [email protected] or call my cel at 940-206-0743

Thanks,

Aaron

Congrats on the new addition! Good luck with selling the car.

Aaron is a great guy, runs a very honest shop that does good work and I wouldn't have a doubt that this car is exactly as it's described. He once even fixed the a/c on my SE-R sentra which turned out to be a small cheap part when he could've told me otherwise and charged more $

Plus he's a turbo nut/guru.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I'll vouch for Aaron/ATS Racing as well. I wouldn't hesitate to look into this car if you're in the market for a turbo miata.

-SD

There is a digital heads up display that projects the boost gauge onto the windshield – you can focus on it or look right through it – pretty trick, nearly $400 too.
    Can you tell me more about this?
    99 Silver - FFS MP62 hotside, Powercard Pro, e-Cool, BTB, Aquamist WI, FFS Fuel Rail, FM springs, KYB AGX, Azenis, HDSDD, 207HP