Thread: Proud Papa

Default Proud Papa

My son just earned his Eagle Scout Rank last night. 12 years of Scouting! Lots of good times through the years. I highly recommend the program to those of you who have young boys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    My son just earned his Eagle Scout Rank last night. 12 years of Scouting! Lots of good times through the years. I highly recommend the program to those of you who have young boys.
    Congratulations from one Eagle Scout to another. Scouting is the best leadership development for young men there is!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Congrats to your son! I was in scouts as a kid and had a great time. Our troop disbanded before I could make Eagle. I think I was up to Life when we fell apart.

Suspension Modder

Talking congratulations

Tell your son congratulations for me. I got my Eagle way back in 93, so I know what it takes to be an Eagle Scout. It is something that he will be proud of for the rest of his life. And it can open doors during job interviews too. Thats how I got my first real job, and my current job too.

My personal favorite for getting jobs is with brute force. A little kicking in of doors, some pushing around, threats, you know, mature stuff. It is how I have managed to KEEP my job...

:)

J/K

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Congratulations from one Eagle Scout to another. Scouting is the best leadership development for young men there is!

I agree with Kestrel. I also made it to Life. Worth Ranch and Sid Richardson, were my favorite two camping sites.

Worst day as a Scout, was canoing down the Brazos to Worth Ranch. Heavy winds would push you back and little water in the river meant allot of portages.

Best, week was aquatic camp at Worth Ranch, having to run up and down Cardiac Hill.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post

Worst day as a Scout, was canoing down the Brazos to Worth Ranch. Heavy winds would push you back and little water in the river meant allot of portages.
    It hasn't changed. Did the same trip this past August and the wind pushs you upriver. An easier trip would be to start at the camp and paddle upriver to the dam.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

From the one who got his Eagle Scout friend kicked out of the National Honor Society, tell him to pick his friends wisely. Never hang out with the kid who dropped out before he ever turned his Bobcat pin right side up.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

My troop (in Virginia) camped out once a month, every month -- in tents, not campers or cabins . Patrols were responsible for bringing and cooking their own food (Adult Leaders approved the menus first, so the kids couldn't just bring a couple loaves of bread and a big jar of peanut butter)... if you burned it, you didn't eat. If you didn't make your own fire, you were cold. If you didn't set up your ten properly, you got wet. Seriously taught us to (1) cooperate with one another, and (2) to be fairly self-sufficient (in other words, you couldn't just lie around and hope the adult leaders took care of you). No pantywaist, namby-pamby, mollycoddling of momma's boyz.

My favorite memory was of a trip in February. The high temperature was about 30degrees, and the wind was gusting to 40mph. At night, the temperature was expected to get close to 0, and the wind and dry air would make it feel like -15 or so. Best night sleep I ever had in the woods. Why? Because we prepared. Pitched the tents (which had no floors, BTW) carefully and placed logs on the edges so that wind wouldn't enter the tent. Filled the tent with leaves and put our ground cloths and sleeping bags on top. Changed our socks before getting into the sleeping bag (socks wet from perspiration make a great evaporative wick and keep your toes ice cold, even in a warm sleeping bag). Once you got into your sleeping bag, you were surrounded by those leaves, and I slept "snug as a bug" all night.

It's those kinds of cool challenges that really set scouting apart!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    From the one who got his Eagle Scout friend kicked out of the National Honor Society, tell him to pick his friends wisely. Never hang out with the kid who dropped out before he ever turned his Bobcat pin right side up.
    What kind of rank is "dead cat"?