Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who rolls fender lips in DFW?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Goodwin has the 17x9 RPF1s on sale for $239 each.
    What he said... It's where I got mine, and he included mounting & balancing with new tires.

Got the roller last night (thanks again, Nexus Flux!). Not sure of the exact date yet, but I'll likely be doing the deed in my garage on Thursday or Friday next week - I may wait 'til Saturday, though, if my new wheels and tires don't arrive sooner.

FWIW - between Christmas and New Years day I'm also (1) mounting my trailer hitch, (2) assembling my trailer, (3) installing my Mazdaspeed RX-8 front swaybar, and (4) basically going over my whole suspension now that I have the time off to do it! Any help and/or company will be welcome!

OK - my stuff all came in, and I'm putting together the trailer and installing the trailer hitch on Friday. Probably begin with fenders sometime on Saturday, and - if all goes well - I'll also be installing the new swaybar, too. After that, I have a couple of days to play with the rest of the suspension. Lemme know if you can come by to help/watch/drink frosty adult beverages/etc.

Here are some pics - http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=262645

Cool, let me know when you're gonna be working on it this weekend. I get off work Saturday around 4. I wouldn't mind using the roller either.

Your car looks sweet btw, I just missed you when you came in to NTB last time.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Man I love the way those 17x9s look. I like how the spokes are straighter. Gives the wheel a deeper dish look.. Oh and PM sent Chris.

Dang Chris, those wheels have such a great look with that specific size and offset!!

I'm gonna have to get a set of 16x8's for my NA, since I sold the 15x7's that I had.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    OK - my stuff all came in, and I'm putting together the trailer and installing the trailer hitch on Friday. Probably begin with fenders sometime on Saturday, and - if all goes well - I'll also be installing the new swaybar, too. After that, I have a couple of days to play with the rest of the suspension. Lemme know if you can come by to help/watch/drink frosty adult beverages/etc.

Here are some pics - http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=262645
    Damn.. I've got plans all day tomorrow.

I'd love to come by sometime and see how that wheel/tire combo fits on the RX-8.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

So here's the deal - I'll be in the garage much of the afternoon on Saturday (a few errands with the wife are possible), and most of Sunday as well...for those of you with Saturday plans, feel free to stop by tomorrow! I'm in the Murphy Farms subdivision, east of Murphy Road between Renner and Campbell - 268 Love Bird Lane. Stop by and say "hi"!

Got the MS RX-8 front swaybar installed today, and completed the utility trailer (not customized for my use yet, but built per plan). Tried to install the hitch, but it's fouling my MS exhaust - will need some help with this. Will be rolling fenders on Sunday.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but don't forget to heat the paint to avoid any possible cracking when using the fender roller.

I learned the hard way with my VDub.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but don't forget to heat the paint to avoid any possible cracking when using the fender roller.

I learned the hard way with my VDub.
    Good catch Beano!

Decent write up with pictures on how to roll a fender - http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?...id=17&Itemid=1

MANY THANKS to Shawn/JDMClassic for his help! He applied the heat and I worked the fenders. We got the rears rolled (fronts didn't need it!) and took it out for a spin. MAN these things stick! Still need a little more roll in the very top center on each side, but I'm also adding more negative camber back there and too much roll would be unnecessary.

Will post pics soon...

No problem Chris.. glad I could help. Here's a few pics.. love the new set-up!!

rpmchris that car looks awsome!

One of the best NCs I've seen.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Very nice. Purdy car!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Hey rpmchris, has anyone told you that your car is really nice looking? Well, it is.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    Hey rpmchris, has anyone told you that your car is really nice looking? Well, it is.
    For sure. That car is sexy!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast