Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCB Cell Service

Default TCB Cell Service

So my daughter feels she needs a cell phone. And I am tired of saying no, and I guess it would be nice that she actually had one.

I'm not wanting to get her into a contract phone, I'd rather do a month to month deal. So who out there has the best deal for TCB phone service?

TIA

Gwen does a prepay with Cingular (now AT&T)... fairly cheap. Any of the pay as you types will be inexpensive.

Although you'd probably get a cheaper rate if you bulked the whole house together... and you'd be able to better track who's calling the kid and who she's calling.

also keep in mind the kids now a days are using text messaging a LOT... if you don't get a bundle that includes it... those text messaging fee's add up quick. There is a friend of mine with a teenage son... racked up $400 in text messaging charges one month...

Just something to keep in mind...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    also keep in mind the kids now a days are using text messaging a LOT... if you don't get a bundle that includes it... those text messaging fee's add up quick. There is a friend of mine with a teenage son... racked up $400 in text messaging charges one month...

I would prefer that she did not have the capability to text.... If it is that important to her she can always get a job and pay for her own cell service.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    ...she can always get a job and pay for her own cell service.
    I hear Harrison Industrial is hiring... just an inside tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    I talked to the owner and I said were weren't hiring.

Talking

I talked to the owner and I said were weren't.
    Well then tell yourself to ignore my resume when it gets there... I know that'll be hard for you to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Actually, you can "hire" her to do things around the office, whether it be cleaning up, filing, etc... in lieu of an allowance. This has a couple of advantages. It helps instill a work ethic, and you can write it off as an office expense.

Check out Disney phones. You can find your child via a website via GPS in the phone. They have nice features for young children.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Actually, you can "hire" her to do things around the office, whether it be cleaning up, filing, etc... in lieu of an allowance. This has a couple of advantages. It helps instill a work ethic, and you can write it off as an office expense.
    I take it your family business hasn't been audited lately...

Back to the phone stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    Check out Disney phones. You can find your child via a website via GPS in the phone. They have nice features for young children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Mobile's Website
    For complete details on Disney Mobile's closure on December 31, 2007 (http://disneymobile.go.com/home/announcement.html)
    Well poop!
    Last edited by POS Racing; 12-23-2007 at 04:48 PM.

I take it your family business hasn't been audited lately...
    Not lately, thank goodness. But last time we were, this wasn't a problem.

So I know some of you have kids that you claim, what are you doing for cell phones for them??

Also some of you TCB Members must have cheap cell service who are you using??

I'm looking for cheap cell service without a long term contract for my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post

oh come on... give mick the big scare... how much did the kid rack up in roaming data service?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Okay,
    TCB Cell phone.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

I switched over to Virgin Mobile a couple months ago and I am very happy. It uses the sprint network, and I was able to bring my phone number with me. I paid $50 for my phone (they have ones for $20 too), I pay $6.99 a month, and then all calls are 10 cents a minute and text messages are 10 cents as well. You can log into the online website and disable the ability to text.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

So my daughter feels she needs a cell phone. And I am tired of saying no, and I guess it would be nice that she actually had one.

TIA
    What a Wii and a Laptop isn't enough for one Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Actually, you can "hire"
    That's where I stopped reading and started laughing. She's working there for free now. Why would he increase her income?

Just give her the company phone and ccard and quit trying to be Sammm. (She says all the top execs at HI are pushovers.)

Tell her I said Merry Christmas
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    What a XXX and a XXXXXX isn't enough for one Christmas?

Tell her I said Merry Christmas
    Shush, Santa hasn't been here yet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast