Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Houston SCCA A/X 1-6-08

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Depends on what you consider pricey. She has offered to fit me for a set for ~$400. I don't know what the retail price is.

Personally, I'm a big fan of disposable foam earplugs. I keep several sets in my work jacket, and I wear them religiously when I'm out on a machine at work. If I drop one down a blasthole it doesn't cost me anything, which wouldn't be the case with $400 custom ones.
    $400 for earplugs is definetely not TCB approved. I don't work in any harsh noise environments (other than listening to annoying customers whine all day on the phone) . I'll stick with foam and my IEM. Interesting info though, thanks!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I might be wrong but I think the event on 1/06 in Houston is a "Runoff" they have for all the class champions for the region.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

If I drop one down a blasthole it doesn't cost me anything,
    In downtown dropping one down the blasthole is not free.

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    I might be wrong but I think the event on 1/06 in Houston is a "Runoff" they have for all the class champions for the region.
    They usually do it on Saturday before the event.

The runoffs are on Saturday the 5th and if you didn't get an invite, you can't register (or so I've been told).

The event on the 6th is a regular event, and the first of the series for '08.

What is the best way to get thru Houston on a Saturday night about 9:00 p.m.?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    What is the best way to get thru Houston on a Saturday night about 9:00 p.m.?
    Straight down 45 through downtown and out to Clear Lake. There will be some traffic slowdowns as you pass the North Loop (610), the exit for Allen Parkway and as the freeway necks down twice around exit 32-29.

Well Robert how did ya do??

Did the new car work well for ya??

It was a very nice day, very fun and chalenging course. I ran the first heat in X class it started out wet but was almost dry by my last run of 60.055 good for 5th out 13 in class using the PAX, the X class ran in all 4 heats. Then I ran double entry class in the 4th heat same heat as AStock. My best time was 57.577 good for a tie for 3th place out of 15 with Andy Hollis. They just use straight time no PAX in DB class. This would of put me in 7th place in a fast and deep AStock class 1.4 sec back from 1st. Using my 4th heat time would have put me in 21st place out of 154 in PAX. I was very happy with the car for the first time out with old tires (don't know how old or new the other AStock cars tires were). It had alot of push in 2 of the off camber 180deg turns. It should get faster with a little setup time and new tires but I think it is already faster then my old car.

It was a very nice day, very fun and chalenging course. I ran the first heat in X class it started out wet but was almost dry by my last run of 60.055 good for 5th out 13 in class using the PAX, the X class ran in all 4 heats. Then I ran double entry class in the 4th heat same heat as AStock. My best time was 57.577 good for a tie for 3th place out of 15 with Andy Hollis. They just use straight time no PAX in DB class. This would of put me in 7th place in a fast and deep AStock class 1.4 sec back from 1st. Using my 4th heat time would have put me in 21st place out of 154 in PAX. I was very happy with the car for the first time out with old tires (don't know how old or new the other AStock cars tires were). It had alot of push in 2 of the off camber 180deg turns. It should get faster with a little setup time and new tires but I think it is already faster then my old car.
    Man after reading this description I'm really starting to have withdrawls. Glad you're liking the new car, sounds like it's going to be competitive on fresh tires, shocks and an alignment.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

...They just use straight time no PAX in DB class. This would of put me in 7th place in a fast and deep AStock class 1.4 sec back from 1st. Using my 4th heat time would have put me in 21st place out of 154 in PAX...
    We do use PAX for DB classes.

I debuted my B-Mod Lotus Seven and due to mismatched tires I PAXed 146. First time I've ever PAXed in the bottom half! Ouch!

[QUOTE=modernbeat;133087]We do use PAX for DB classes.

The times are not adjusted on the results posted on the net. Me and Andy ran the same raw time and they have us listed as tied. I run AS and Andy runs STS2. Am I missing something?

It still stings a little having an STS2 car run as fast as me in an AStock car but not as bad as getting beat by it.

Well, we are supposed to use PAX for X-Class.

Did you register as X-AS? Or just as X?

I know we had several PAX problems with this event. Heat 1&2 were originally run on 2007 PAX and our regional ST class PAX hadn't been updated. That may have been the problem with X-Class also.

So when do we start having competitions up here? Marchish? I'm starting to miss Pennington Field
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    So when do we start having competitions up here? Marchish? I'm starting to miss Pennington Field
    Look at the MME Calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Look at the MME Calendar.
    Oops... I forgot that things do get updated around here now and then
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Oops... I forgot that things do get updated around here now and then
    You can thank POS Racing when you see him. Try making it out to Mineral Wells on 2/24. He'll be waiting there for his Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    You can thank POS Racing when you see him. Try making it out to Mineral Wells on 2/24. He'll be waiting there for his Thanks.
    Eh... I still haven't decided if I like him or not
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Eh... I still haven't decided if I like him or not
    I'm pretty sure he's made his mind up about you.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm pretty sure he's made his mind up about you.
    Does he like anybody though?
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast