Quote Originally Posted by joshuakoshiol View Post
Just wanted to say i appriciate everyones help with my transmission issue, i guess i should have listed whats wrong with the transmission, its got a brand new exedy clutch and fidanza flywheel so i know its not that, it also has a new slave cylinder, whats going on is say your in fith gear and you drop the car to fourth the tranny will make a lound grinding noise when coming down through the rpm's. The shifter also got stuck in reverse awhile back, you could put the car into 1st but the car would still stay in reverse and only go backwards, that was my problen with the shift fork.sorry if im not explaining this well. I got under the car to make sure the slave cylinder was working proper and to see if the tranny had fluid all was good. If anybody has any suggestions fill free to tell me if im missing something, im not going to lye i dont no how to rebulid a transmission and im lost at what it could be.

Thread merged with original help thread. -Majik

Cool the 5th/Reverse lockout problem! I've had that happen a few times...one of these days I'll put my new tranny that's collecting dust in the corner of the garage. Mine also grinds going into 5th gear, you have to ease it into 5th a certain way or it grinds. I got my new tranny from Eric Japan for $200 but he gave me a deal cause my friend was buying the engine it was still bolted to.