Thread: '99-00 VICS solenoid

Default '99-00 VICS solenoid

Looks like I need the solenoid that controls the vacuum to the VICS apparatus. Anybody got a picture of how this thing should be rigged? More importantly, anybody got some spare parts laying around?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Looks like I need the solenoid that controls the vacuum to the VICS apparatus. Anybody got a picture of how this thing should be rigged? More importantly, anybody got some spare parts laying around?
    I have spare 99 parts.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    I have spare 99 parts.
    This is true... would you mind if I picked a few things off your car? I hate to do that since you're trying to sell the motor as a whole, but just let me know.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    This is true... would you mind if I picked a few things off your car? I hate to do that since you're trying to sell the motor as a whole, but just let me know.
    depends on what all you need.
    i am trying to sell the motor as a whole but anything that bolts on is subject to coming off and being sold, I do have to get it back home first though before i start selling things that make it go.
    gary is supposed to be taking the SC off this weekend, then i will have it ready to strip.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    depends on what all you need.
    i am trying to sell the motor as a whole but anything that bolts on is subject to coming off and being sold, I do have to get it back home first though before i start selling things that make it go.
    gary is supposed to be taking the SC off this weekend, then i will have it ready to strip.
    Looks like all I need is the solenoid that runs the VICS (BTW, the car should run without that, but the butterflies in the runners won't move), and what looks like an EGR pipe that bolts on to the back of the intake. Keep me posted - I'll be out of town for about 3 weeks starting next Friday, so I'm not in a huge hurry.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

I might have one of those lying around somewhere as well.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge