Thread: PCA schools for 2008

Default PCA schools for 2008

Howdy Miata Fans,

I would like to make sure everyone knows about the AX and TT schools that the Maverick region PCA puts on every year. This year the Ladies/Teens AX school will be 2/17/08 at Pennington, then on 3/02/08 is the everyone AX school at Pennington. Next up is the AX 102 and TT school at Mineral Wells on 3/15-16/08. You can read about them and link to site to register by starting out at http://mav.pca.org/ where you will find a link to info on their main page. Don't let the Mini club fill up the event this year!!!

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Maniac Mitch
    95 Miata

Aren't the schools on first come first serve basis with PCA members having first shot and the rest on a waiting list? I emailed Bryan Bell about 102 and didn't get a response.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Default PCA AX schools

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Aren't the schools on first come first serve basis with PCA members having first shot and the rest on a waiting list? I emailed Bryan Bell about 102 and didn't get a response.
    You're correct. They do give preference to PCA members up until a certain date. However the "waiting list" for non-Porsche is ranked by who entered first. I've never in 10 years seen it fill with just Porsche people. They have to have the PCA member preference for political reasons...it IS the Porsche Club. I'm guessing that 10-20 non-Porsche people will get in. The 3/15-16 events at MW are the easiest to get in because most Porsche people don't want to get any rock chips...which is possible at MW. If you're interested in TT102, then enter NOW and you stand a good chance.

The only drawback I see is that you have to provide method of payment...I use a credit card...and they let PayPal process everything. I don't know if they hit your card while you're on the wait list or not. They shouldn't but I'm not privy to how that works. But the amount is so small that I wouldn't think it should cause anyone any trouble.

I think it's a good format and I enjoy working at it each year. The only issue for me is when it is really cold. Maybe we'll be lucky this year.

Bryan Bell is usually pretty good at responding. However he is NOT the Time Trial chair this year. It's Travis Howard (IIRC). But if the email went to a pca.org email address someone will answer it. If you emailed him direct, get on their web-site and find the contact for TT chairperson and try him. I don't know who is in charge of the schools...but the TT chair should be able to connect you.

BTW...jumping ahead. Mark 6/21/08 on your calendars. They plan to have a Time Trial event at MSR. Actually two events in one day (revenue requirements because the site is so expensive). But for $30-35 for morning then afternoon...you get track time...and GET TIMED. I hope nothing comes up for me that week-end...because I want to go!

Maniac Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac Mitch View Post
    You're correct. They do give preference to PCA members up until a certain date. However the "waiting list" for non-Porsche is ranked by who entered first. I've never in 10 years seen it fill with just Porsche people. They have to have the PCA member preference for political reasons...it IS the Porsche Club. I'm guessing that 10-20 non-Porsche people will get in. The 3/15-16 events at MW are the easiest to get in because most Porsche people don't want to get any rock chips...which is possible at MW. If you're interested in TT102, then enter NOW and you stand a good chance.

The only drawback I see is that you have to provide method of payment...I use a credit card...and they let PayPal process everything. I don't know if they hit your card while you're on the wait list or not. They shouldn't but I'm not privy to how that works. But the amount is so small that I wouldn't think it should cause anyone any trouble.

I think it's a good format and I enjoy working at it each year. The only issue for me is when it is really cold. Maybe we'll be lucky this year.

Bryan Bell is usually pretty good at responding. However he is NOT the Time Trial chair this year. It's Travis Howard (IIRC). But if the email went to a pca.org email address someone will answer it. If you emailed him direct, get on their web-site and find the contact for TT chairperson and try him. I don't know who is in charge of the schools...but the TT chair should be able to connect you.

BTW...jumping ahead. Mark 6/21/08 on your calendars. They plan to have a Time Trial event at MSR. Actually two events in one day (revenue requirements because the site is so expensive). But for $30-35 for morning then afternoon...you get track time...and GET TIMED. I hope nothing comes up for me that week-end...because I want to go!

Maniac Mitch
    I was actually interested in AX102 not TT sorry I didn't make myself clear. I'll probably go ahead and sign up and wait for his response. The time attack day sounds like a great time.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car