Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ditching the landline

Quote Originally Posted by synaptik View Post
    how is the uverse service ... i know when i worked for att up until may it was crap .. bad pixelation, connection drops all the time... 12 hour installs LOL
    I got the U-Verse had it for a bit over 6 months. They did take 12 hours to install it the first time around...

There were a ton of problems getting everything to work correctly at the start like bad pixelation, connection drops and my personal fav complete lockup.

Lots of phone calls and multiple visits to my house by the fine folks at AT&T. But since the last AT&T guy visited and replaced everything (Boxes, Router, and some cable) we seem to be running OK. Knock on wood.

If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have done it in the first place.

You can do the Internet separate from the TV, and I still have my old AT&T phone that is separately billed from the U-Verse.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    I feel strangely compelled to interject at this moment that FIOS rocks. That is all.
    You suck. That is all. (No FIOS in my hood. )

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    +1!

+2
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

none in mine either ... i was one of the project managers for the order management side of u-verse for the rollout .... god i hated that crap
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

I feel strangely compelled to interject at this moment that FIOS rocks. That is all.
    Word
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

you can get the internet without the tv ... but it cost like 15-20 more a month than dsl for the same speed kinda retarded if you ask me
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()

My install went well, I think they have a lot of the bugs worked out. they had to run some wires inside the house, that took the most time but it was reasonable. Once all the cable was run, the tech only took about 1/2 hour to get it all up and running. I've experienced very little pixelation.

Dave04: Why would you want to U-verse for internet w/o TV? Especially if you can buy the DSL w/o the phone service now?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

+3

I can't get HD cable here, only options for HD are satellite and over the air.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

+1 on Verizon Fios - I saved a lot of $$ on the bundle package and gained free long distance. I want a land line as long as i have kids in the house for 911 emergencies.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

damn i miss my fios

+1!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    Dave04: Why would you want to U-verse for internet w/o TV? Especially if you can buy the DSL w/o the phone service now?
    ATT says I'm maxed out on what I can get for DSL here... 1.5Mb... they wont offer me the faster 3Mb+ DSL stuff here... I just got an e-mail saying my area was now eligible for U-Verse and was hoping that I could now get faster Internet service, without having to also get the TV service which I don't want.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

when i was there the internet only packages were over $20/month more than the dsl prices for the same speed hopefully that has changed

if they are offering you u-verse ... that means they upgraded the fiber to your node ... so if they really can get u-verse to your house (requires a minimum of 80 mb at the house) then they should easily be able to offer u a better dsl package, they both run on the same line ... uverse is not like FIOS with fiber all the way to the house ... it is a fiber to the node then copper to the house service ... kinda sux if you ask me ... with an even shorter transmission range than dsl ... if i remember the cutoff for distance from the node was like 1250 feet or some crap ..... so 1 guy can get it but their neighbor cant in many instances

FIOS FTW!!
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12