Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welding class in Dallas/Collin Counties?

Default Welding class in Dallas/Collin Counties?

I’d like to learn the basics of welding. I’ve always been interested in it, and now I’ve got an opportunity to have my company pick up the tab for any training.

Anyone know where in Dallas or Collin County I could pick up a non-credit course in welding? I know that TCCC offers a course at their South campus (a friend of mine took it), but that’s too far for me to drive. I looked briefly at the Collin County Community College website, but couldn't find anything.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

You may want to talk to your welding supplier for work, those guys normally offer classes.

I took a few classes that Miller did back in the day.

Altiain, I've been actively looking for this same sort of thing for going on 2 years now. Only thing I found remotely close was a class a Grayson CCC. Sadly, they no longer offer it. Only other thing I found was more of a 1+year program to become a certified welder.

If you find anything, please let me know I'd be interested in going to it as well.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I took a welding class at UNT back in the day, and the guy that taught it was from one of the welding supply companies in town.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I also would like to take some classes. I took a welding in high school, wayyyyy back in 1981. I've forgot most of it though.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Maybe Eastfield or Cedar Valley for a CC. But if they're footing the bill, why not go straight to Lincoln Tech?

Well... I'm not looking to become a certified welder or make a career out of it. Basically, I want to learn the basics of welding and get some hands-on expertise, so I can better engineer welded structures for the company I work for.

Still, I'll look into Lincoln Tech and see what they offer.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I am interested. I want to build a race car! Ok, really I am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I am interested. I want to build a race car! Ok, really I am interested.
    You can't make up your mind about cars you buy -- I can only see all of the welds from where you changed your mind building a car!

For those interested in Welding, Garland ISD is offering Adult Education Classes for beginning and advanced welding classes ($60 fee and $60 cash for supplies). Beginning welding classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 6-22, 6-8pm. Advanced Welding is on Thursdays March 27-May 1 from 6-8pm. The location is Lakeview Centennial HS in Garland (near Roan Road and Rowlett Road).
    Contact Amanda at 972-494-8240 ext 60095
    Last edited by motorollow; 02-27-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: clarification on type of class
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    You can't make up your mind about cars you buy -- I can only see all of the welds from where you changed your mind building a car!
    Or all the cars I will have. But only my friends will be allowed to drive them.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    For those interested in Welding, Garland ISD is offering Adult Education Classes for beginning and advanced welding classes ($60 fee and $60 cash for supplies). Beginning welding classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 6-22, 6-8pm. Advanced Welding is on Thursdays March 27-May 1 from 6-8pm. The location is Lakeview Centennial HS in Garland (near Roan Road and Rowlett Road).
    Contact Amanda at 972-494-8240 ext 60095
    I am strongly considering signing up for the next offering of Beginning Welding through Garland ISD.

Tuesdays and Thursdays
    Nevember 18th - Decmeber 9th
    NO CLASS ON NOVEMBER 27th
    6 - 8pm

$60 for the six 2-hour classes.

Anyone interested in taking it with me?

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I am strongly considering signing up for the next offering of Beginning Welding through Garland ISD.

Tuesdays and Thursdays
    Nevember 18th - Decmeber 9th
    NO CLASS ON NOVEMBER 27th
    6 - 8pm

$60 for the six 2-hour classes.

Anyone interested in taking it with me?
    Gotta be $60 plus materials & textbook... but yeah, I'm interested. Where's it at, and do they let you bring your own projects?

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Gotta be $60 plus materials & textbook... but yeah, I'm interested. Where's it at, and do they let you bring your own projects?
    LAKEVIEW CENTENNIAL HIGH SCHOOL

Info here.

The $60 appears to cover the supplies.

The official registration period ended yesterday, but I have left a VM for Amanda Tyler at (972)494-8162 Ext 60095 to see if I can still get in. If she says yes, I am pulling the trigger. I will post here if I get in and if there is room for others.

I'd do it if it were closer to home. An old farmer showed me how to weld years ago on an old busted manure spreader. That weld is still holding, it's not pretty but hey, it's a manure spreader.

This is the class that TC, Altiain, and I took... it was a worth the money and we got a lot out of it.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    I'd do it if it were closer to home............
    +1

My welding is not pretty, but I am a first class grinder.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Is it Arc, Mig or Tig?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast