Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy Bob Stretch's World Challenge car!

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    what is it?
    I'm guessing it was this car...

That's damn sexy.

Nope, the car Mick pictured is our motorsport chassis. WAR BMW Chassis #003. The one sitting in the yard here is the WAR BMW #001. The car pictured in the winner circle is also for sale. $75k takes it. Its really a steal with only one season on it. That car cost nearly $150k to build. It is IMHO the best engineered BMW in world challenge right now. No, I didn't build it. I just built the wheels and the brake hats.

Bob would probably give away the chassis thats sitting in the yard if somebody would come load it up.

$75k is a hell of a deal for a front-running Speed World Challenge Touring car.

I'm a little short this week, though. Think Bob would take an IOU for it?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

So what are you guys going to be running next season?

oh i thought you ran 4doors
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I say we buy it as a collective and run it as such. I'm willing to throw in my dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I say we buy it as a collective and run it as such. I'm willing to throw in my dime.
    So all we need is another $74,999.90 and it's ours!

I got two-fifty ($2.50)!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hell Ill throw in 10.00 if I can drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    oh I thought you ran 4doors
    We've had one 4-door and one 2-door always. Don't ask why. There doesn't really seem to be any performance differnce except that BMW only offers the motorsport chassis in a 2-door.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Not literally a dime...

I'll throw in my chunk of change. :P

It only takes about $400k per car to run a season. You guys should budget some money for that as well.

Don't blow the motor, thats $35k. Don't hurt the diff, thats $7k. You'll likely spend about $2000 average on body work after each race (that doesn't count 'actual wrecks'). Trannies are cheap at about $3k. You'll burn about $600 of fuel in a race week, use up $2400 in tires, and ~$500 in brakes. Oh, and if you're not a wheel company expect to destroy 2 or 3 wheels (~$560 ea) in a week. Several others will have to be fixed ($109 ea). Good crew members don't work for free very often, so you'll likely have to pay them. Plan on 3-4 guys per car @ ~$100 a day. Oh, and don't forget their airfare, hotels, and meals. You'll almost always have guests at the track, so roughly double whatever food and drinks you were going to buy. You'll probably use up about $200 of nitrogen purging and filling tires, and running air tools during pit emergencies. Thats just all the little stuff. Development is what costs real money. Make sure to schedule your wind tunnel time at least a year in advance. Plan on 4 hours of dyno time before each race and an additional 4 hours every time you put a new bullet in. You have to carry a lot of spares, plan for that. Plan on buying a new transporter every 2-3 years at ~$300,000-$500,000 ea. You'll need a place to store it and a shop to work in when you're at 'home'. Also plan on paying a truck driver $1000-$2000 to drive the rig to each race.

I'm sure I forgot some stuff, but you get the idea. :)

Gee thanks for raining on our parade Evil!

Guess I need to ask a lot more for these rims I just got!
    [/url]

i expect a cut for not telling
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    It only takes about $400k per car to run a season. You guys should budget some money for that as well.

Don't blow the motor, thats $35k. Don't hurt the diff, thats $7k. You'll likely spend about $2000 average on body work after each race (that doesn't count 'actual wrecks'). Trannies are cheap at about $3k. You'll burn about $600 of fuel in a race week, use up $2400 in tires, and ~$500 in brakes. Oh, and if you're not a wheel company expect to destroy 2 or 3 wheels (~$560 ea) in a week. Several others will have to be fixed ($109 ea). Good crew members don't work for free very often, so you'll likely have to pay them. Plan on 3-4 guys per car @ ~$100 a day. Oh, and don't forget their airfare, hotels, and meals. You'll almost always have guests at the track, so roughly double whatever food and drinks you were going to buy. You'll probably use up about $200 of nitrogen purging and filling tires, and running air tools during pit emergencies. Thats just all the little stuff. Development is what costs real money. Make sure to schedule your wind tunnel time at least a year in advance. Plan on 4 hours of dyno time before each race and an additional 4 hours every time you put a new bullet in. You have to carry a lot of spares, plan for that. Plan on buying a new transporter every 2-3 years at ~$300,000-$500,000 ea. You'll need a place to store it and a shop to work in when you're at 'home'. Also plan on paying a truck driver $1000-$2000 to drive the rig to each race.

I'm sure I forgot some stuff, but you get the idea. :)
    So you're saying we'll spend a few dollars?

This will revoke ALL of your memberships in TCB...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Hell Ill throw in 10.00 if I can drive it.
    I've thrown alot more than that and still can't drive but if I had a spare fortune it would be thrown at a real race car.

Speeder - don't stop trying.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I've thrown alot more than that and still can't drive but if I had a spare fortune it would be thrown at a real race car.
    You mean like these?

:P
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    This will revoke ALL of your memberships in TCB...
    Actually I should be the king. I get paid to do this. I spend somebody else's money. THATS being a cheap bastard!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast