Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PCA Autocross #1, 3/30/08, Birdville ISD Stadium

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post

I like the other one. Please have them change it.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I like the other one. Please have them change it.
    It's not as convenient for clubs to just change venues like you change cars, geez be a little considerate
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I noticed their 08 rules says 3 competitive runs. Can anyone confirm?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I noticed their 08 rules says 3 competitive runs. Can anyone confirm?
    I think this has always been the case. You get three runs in the morning, break for lunch, and then two more "unofficial" runs on the afternoon. At least that is how is was previously.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I think this has always been the case. You get three runs in the morning, break for lunch, and then two more "unofficial" runs on the afternoon. At least that is how is was previously.
    Ah ok, I thought they counted 5 runs last year. Either way 5 runs is cool. Thanks for the explanation, see you guys tomorrow. Any plans for breakfast and do they do on site registration?
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 03-29-2008 at 04:40 PM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Ah ok, I thought they counted 5 runs last year. Either way 5 runs is cool. Thanks for the explanation, see you guys tomorrow. Any plans for breakfast and do they do on site registration?

I could very well be wrong.

Default Breakfast

I like whataburger better than the golden arches but that is just me.

Where do we want to meet?
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

I might not be there by 7, but when I drive by, if I see anyone at Whataturd, I will stop.

I will be at what a burger at about 7
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

I need to pay attention more to this section, this is only 5 to 10 mins away from my house.

The course did not walk well at all, but I liked more it once I drove it. It was a little tight in some places, but it was okay with the exception of that thing. I do not even know how to describe that thing. I know that I would rather not see that thing in a course again.

We got 10 runs! I did the four mornings runs on my street tires and the six afternoon runs on my R-comps. It was about a two second difference on a 44-50 second course.

Well said Jan, be sure to bring your "domestic partner" to the next one so she can see "the thing"
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 03-31-2008 at 08:15 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

'The Thing' might be back at the Pennington event next weekend. Just remember to drive straight through.

Yes. I was the guy with the other red car. I finally found you guys online.

They should have named this event, "I Can't Believe It's Not a Slalom!"

But the venue has potential!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    What was the thing?
    This:

How would you drive this? We all thought that it was an optional slalom with a bunch of extra boundry cones, so that is how we walked it and that is how we marshalled it. (POS Racing, Brad, and I were on the same corner.) We called DNFs for those that did not slalom the three center cones. During the drivers meeting after lunch, we were told that it was a mix of single and double gates where you could choose any gate you wanted, just as long as it was between cones.

It was actually more fun with the slalom. For a Miata, I did not have to turn the wheel goiong through it in the afternoon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    This:We all thought that it was an optional slalom with a bunch of extra boundry cones, so that is how we walked it and that is how we marshalled it. (POS Racing, Brad, and I were on the same corner.) We called DNFs for those that did not slalom the three center cones. .
    For the record we called very few DNF's pretty much everyone drove it as a 3 cone Slalom...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast