Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCA Autocross #2, 4/6/08, Pennington Motor Speedway

VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I think I fixed the overheating problem. The car didn't overheat today. But the cheap tires that came with the car just wouldn't stick.

I see who Cosmos likes the best here. He is on a Miata forum, and only one picture of a Miata? hmmmmmmmmmm

Not to mention how many pictures of a certain special someone's RX-8 are on here...........
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I see who Cosmos likes the best here. He is on a Miata forum, and only one picture of a Miata? hmmmmmmmmmm

Not to mention how many pictures of a certain special someone's RX-8 are on here...........
    Shhhh! This is best kept in the closet!
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Brad broke his cherry today! Congrats on being the fastest of the street tire Miatas!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

My camera can't take pictures slow enough to capture non CSP or faster Miatas

Plus when I got there all you monkeys were already done running and I wasn't about to stick around for the afternoon fun.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Brad broke his cherry today! Congrats on being the fastest of the street tire Miatas!
    Gracias

I appreciate all of your help! It was also cool watching Lee run as well as he did.
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Despite the overly tight course (in some spots) I had a good time. Going back to the stock front bar really helped out and for once having a skid pad (like PCA always does) was nice for testing out the new setup.

I tried to get through that first left-hander like the Miatas did on my first run in the afternoon. It failed miserably.

Video to come soon.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

bad times for me...literally...

but great times overall! lookin forward to the rest of the season
    making the most out of a 07 civic si

Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I can't wait for the ER event on the 20th. I'm itching to go... I've had bad luck making it to anything this year
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

It was great meeting you meelaud.

AWWW, I was behind on that lone slalom all day
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Chassis Designer

Nice time attack, errr, solo video Miatamoto. Good to hear the softer bar is working out. You were getting really slow with the big bar.

So, that was a good test-tune course. Skid pad, 2 sweepers, a slalom, few tighter turns, and the S turn at the end. Good test of balance. Plus it was interesting to meet their event chair person.
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Nice time attack, errr, solo video Miatamoto. Good to hear the softer bar is working out. You were getting really slow with the big bar.

So, that was a good test-tune course. Skid pad, 2 sweepers, a slalom, few tighter turns, and the S turn at the end. Good test of balance. Plus it was interesting to meet their event chair person.
    Yep, even though it wasn't the most exciting course it had all the elements needed to try out the sway bar change.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Here are a few pics:

Anyone know how long does it take for pca to post event results?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Here are a few pics:

Anyone know how long does it take for pca to post event results?
    You should see them around the first event in 2009 if history repeats itself :)

Nice pics!
    Last edited by Majik; 04-07-2008 at 10:39 PM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Nice pixs!! Great use of depth of field to blur the background out. Adds more action to the image.

Those really are some nice pictures. Best two:
    • 23 - did the wheels actually say on?)
    • 97 - send that one (1) to his parents, and (2) to Sports Car Magazine (after getting his parents' permission)
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12