Thread: Alternator Options

Default Alternator Options

My battery warning light came on last night and I have been to O'reillys to have it checked out this morning. Per O'reillys, the alternator is bad. I have not had good experience in the past with remanufactured ones, so does anyone know where I can buy a new alternator today? Goodwin-Racing has a new one for $199, but it will take a few days to get here.

Thanks!!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Call Gary. He shuold have a few around his shop.
    Gabriel

I got a lifetime alternator at O'Reilly and it was in the $140 range IIRC. I don't remember if it is new or reman (I assume reman...there was a core charge), but I do remember that it came with a lifetime free replacement warranty.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

I did not want to wait for a new one, so I decided to get one from NAPA. They have a large warehouse in Mesquite with a storefront and i picked it up there for $135 with exchange. I was surprised my original alternator ran as long as it did with all the oil and dirt on it. The bottom bolt on the orignal was missing the nut on the back and the bolt was sticking out about 1/2 inch. Luckily, I found the nut laying on the plastic shroud.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD

Napa is a great source for parts and theirs have always outlasted AZ crap.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

The PO told me yesterday that he had never replaced the alternator (that explaines all of the dirt and oil). 18 years and 227,000 miles is not bad for an alternator.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD