Thread: PDR & Body shop

Default PDR & Body shop

Any recommendation for a full service body shop that also does PDR? I am not sure how Alan think about the Frisco Pain & Body he went to earlier this year. Do they also do PDR?

I have a 06 rebadge Impreza wagon (a Saabaru) got hailed on last week. Just came back from the adjuster. The adjuster wrote up $4K of damage (I have to pay $500 deductable). Have to replace/repaint the alum hood, major PDR of the roof, minor PDR of the doors fenders and rear quater panel, and replace the side window trims. I think it shuold be more since he only gave me $300 to buy the new hood.

Back to my original question. Should I take it to Frisco? Can I negotiate with the shop to wave my $500 deductable and have the shop go after the insurance for the low ball estimate. I already have the check but the adjuster (actually was very nice) says the shop can call him for more if needed.

Thanks!
    Gab
    Gabriel

Just put your car in the body shop of your choice and give them the estimate the adjuster wrote. If they need more $ they call the insurance company, not you. You are only out your deduct unless you can convince the shop you save it for you. There is no way insurance companies can have every price of every part exact, supplements are the norm. For example you roof maynot PDR, if it wont then the shop makes a call.....