Thread: Local Mazda Dealer

Driver
    Blog Entries

Question Local Mazda Dealer

A coworker is considering getting a new Mazda 3. He hasn't driven one, and hasn't decided for sure that is what he wants, but is leaning in that direction. Any recommendations as to which Mazda dealer in the Metroplex he should talk to for a test drive/possible purchase? Any he should avoid?

Thanks
    Mike Walsted - Not an expert, just a data point.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

I had a good experience at El Dorado Mazda with my NC.

El Dorado will sell you one at a good price, just don't expect any kind of quality service after the sale. From personal experience: they will lie and do shoddy work.

Town North in Richardson will sell you one at a good price and has very good service and parts departments.

Classic Mazda in Denton: Unsure of their pricing but the service dept has done very good work on my 92 B&T in the past. Oil changes are a different story - but that was a "separate business" that is now gone.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I haven't had any experience buying a Mazda in North Texas (mine comes from Rosenthal in Virginia). Regarding service:

Freeman Mazda in Irving do good work and stand by it

Town North Mazda in Richardson seem to have a knowledgable parts department but usually I end up ordering half my stuff -- doesn't stop me from going back.

Classic Mazda in Denton depressed me this weekend -- I need hardtop parts. A 1991 Miata should be sufficient to identify the vehicle. They asked for VIN. I obliged (whatever, right...) They really had little clue as to what I was looking for until I grabbed the monitor and told them to page-up/page-down through the diagrams and I pointed out specificially the parts that I needed.
    Last edited by flyin94m; 04-21-2008 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    There's no six-way traction control. There's no complicated folding metal roof. It's simpler than that. Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Currently:

1991 Mariner Blue (daily driver)
    Previously:
    1994 M-Edition

I really like Classic in Denton, they always took care of me when I had the RX-8 especially on small fixes when I rushed in and out during a lunch break. The sales people seem to be pretty nice too, one of them is a RX-8 club guy.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin94m View Post
    Classic Mazda in Denton depressed me this weekend -- I need hardtop parts. A 1991 Miata should be sufficient to identify the vehicle. They asked for VIN. I obliged (whatever, right...) They really had little clue as to what I was looking for until I grabbed the monitor and told them to page-up/page-down through the diagrams and I pointed out specificially the parts that I needed.
    I'm sure they don't get requests on hardtop parts for a 17 year old Miata frequently, especially if you're asking for random hardware/seals.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I'm sure they don't get requests on hardtop parts for a 17 year old Miata frequently, especially if you're asking for random hardware/seals.
    Actually, I bought some random seals and bolts for my hardtop from Town North last year and he found the right ones on the computer in about 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Actually, I bought some random seals and bolts for my hardtop from Town North last year and he found the right ones on the computer in about 30 seconds.
    x2 -- did the same on Friday with speedy results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    There's no six-way traction control. There's no complicated folding metal roof. It's simpler than that. Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Currently:

1991 Mariner Blue (daily driver)
    Previously:
    1994 M-Edition

My daughter just bought a new 3..........from Freeman in Irving. We shopped many dealers, Classic's sales mgr was a no BS guy that gave us a good price, Freeman had the one she wanted at the same $ and threw in an option she wanted to close the deal.........

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin94m View Post

I had a very similar experience while buying a part for a Protege. After I found the part in the diagrams, they charged me $8.00 to mail the little rubber cup to Gainesville. The part arrived with postage due. The customer service manager put things right, but I still had two trips and two phone calls to Denton.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67