Thread: NC alignment #'s?

Default NC alignment #'s?

Any suggestions, i am getting the alignment done tomorrow after the coilovers.
    99 Miata Black

I don't know if it's what you want but I have the FSM with the factory recommended settings. I don't feel like typing it all right now, so if it's what you want we can meet so you can write it down or something.

I guess i will just hold off on the alignment for a while till some of the NC autocrossers can give me some input.

Thanks for the offer MX5-EE
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    I guess i will just hold off on the alignment for a while till some of the NC autocrossers can give me some input.

Thanks for the offer MX5-EE
    There are two NC's autocrossing around here that I know of and the are not running the same suspension setup that you are getting installed.

Plus, aren't you going to need to get it an alignment since you are changing the shocks, springs, and ride height??

Why don't ya ask on the pointy board?
    Last edited by POS Racing; 05-15-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: fs spering ears

Somehow I missed the coilover bit, FSM settings won't help there!

LOL, slowly I will be the only stock NC on here.

And I do intend to autocross, but won't be this month. Maybe not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    There are two NC's autocrossing around here that I know of and the are not running the same suspension setup that you are getting installed.

Plus, aren't you going to need to get it an alignment since you are changing the shocks, springs, and ride height??

Why don't ya ask on the pointy board?
    Yes I am going to need it done, but want to pay for it once
    hence me asking for some good #'s
    I asked on the pointy board too, seems like nobody is running this coilover and nobody has stepped up with and #'s....I haven't been able to find any on my own either so far.
    I will ask AJ and see if he knows anything.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    Yes I am going to need it done, but want to pay for it once
    hence me asking for some good #'s
    I asked on the pointy board too, seems like nobody is running this coilover and nobody has stepped up with and #'s....I haven't been able to find any on my own either so far.
    I will ask AJ and see if he knows anything.
    The NA/NB alignment specs you see all over the place - Lanny, IceHawk, FM - all seem to work pretty well for a wide range of suspension setups and ride heights. I agree that the NC probably needs different settings, but the brand of shock or spring shouldn't matter.

You probably want to find some numbers that work well on a street driven car, as it's not a dedicated autocross or track car, right?

Oh yeah - we want PICS with the new setup!
    '96 M-edition

Check the forums on www.good-win-racing.com

I don't autocross my NC so I don't really know what to tell you.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Check the RX-8 guys. The MX-5 uses the same suspension geometry, so what works for them should work for you. Numbers can vary so much, so what you really need to know is the concept of what different settings mean. For street car, a bit of negative camber(0.5-1.0) is all you need. Caster at factory specs is just fine. Set toe at zero, front and rear, which is different than an NA/NB because this suspension doesn't change as much under load. Your tires will thank you..........
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'