Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCA Time Trial #2, 5/31/08, Mineral Wells

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I don't think you can call it "scrub in" at MW.
    Yeah Lets see how the Z1 hold up in the heat with full tread.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

will see you guys there

me and my brother in law will take out his miata for the first time, might be on a trailer... doesnt mean its special or anything, just purchased for a/x and it is not registered or insured

99 silver miata with black wheels... be nice

Quote Originally Posted by bnordin View Post
    I'm in with the NA. Anyone stopping for breakfast at McD?
    I'm out as my oldest Son is flying in for the day. Fathering still comes before racing. I hope everyone has a safe and fun event.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by f_399 View Post
    will see you guys there

me and my brother in law will take out his miata for the first time, might be on a trailer... doesnt mean its special or anything, just purchased for a/x and it is not registered or insured

99 silver miata with black wheels... be nice
    We will, and alway are.

See you in the morning, make it for breakfast at McD's on I20, exit 418, Ranch House Rd exit. 7 am.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

What a day on the tire-killing, sunburn intensifying, next-to highest peak in Mineral Wells!

This was my first time trial, and I was not dissapointed. Congrats to the Maverick team for putting on a great event. Even though more drivers showed up than were expected, the event ran smoothly and I personally had a great time.

The warm-up laps with my cordial instructor Mitch were a learning experience, however the laps at full Miata speed----no eye rolling here---were fast paced and thrilling. The most fun of my day was during the last set of runs when we had 5 Miatas out on the track. Well true to my form I made sure that the rear of the car passed the front of the car at least once today and that occured on my warm-up lap during the last group. Since I am used to having the car pointing in a less than ideal direction during a lap, I was able to quickly recover and get back on the road. When I passed the starting line and took the 270 degree turn to the left I could see none other than Jarret Jan but a few car lengths behind me. Well I knew that if he caught up to me and had to have a re-run lap I would NEVER hear the end of it, so the race was on. During each of the three laps I concentrated on looking ahead, keeping up my momentum, making sure the tires screech on the little concrete patch by the storage tank, and pushing pushing pushing. Then when the runs were over Jarrett and I were sure that we had hit our fastest times of the day...............................well we went to the timing van and discovered that sadly we did not earn FTD but we had tons of fun and I am ready to try out a track day now for sure!

Looking forward to the next autocross with the crew!
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Those last three laps chasing Brad were great! Good times.

Here is a video... once Google is done processing it. It is the last lap of me chasing Brad. Oddly, he was the only Hudson. I forgot what a one-Hudson event was like.

Course two is my fav.

I had a great time also. I hope that someday I will be faster, but it's still fun.

It was nice to meet some more Miata drivers, f_399. his brother-in-law and others.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Here is a video... once Google is done processing it. It is the last lap of me chasing Brad. Oddly, he was the only Hudson. I forgot what a one-Hudson event was like.

Course two is my fav.
    The crazy thing is that watching that video I can still feel the car turn and the two places that lap I really messed up on!

Thanks for the video
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

It was great fun, good to see so many miata out there.

The Dunlop Z1 works really well on the 6UL, and they hold up fine with full tread.

94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Course two is my fav.
    The link does not work for me.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    The link does not work for me.
    +1
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

It was good to meet you guys. AJ and I both signed up for the TT's at MSR in a couple of weeks. We'll probably be out with the Miata at the BMW AX on the 14th, but at the MSR TT's I'll probably be in the Z06.

Here was the course for the autox sunday. Basically they combined all of their time trial courses together. No slaloms, no offsets. It was twice as long as any mineral wells course ever...

Default good event

I'm glad you guys enjoyed TT#2. If anyone missed me in the late afternoon, I left at 2pm because my car was running really crappy again...so I limped it home.

Discovered a split vacuum line to the fuel box so it probably ran lean...I have one plug (#3 this time) really oil fouled. I repaired the vacuum line and replaced the plug. The car ran good...but after only 10 miles, #3 plug was oil fouled. I'll see how it does at MSR if I get in. No time to fix it if it's what I think it is anyway. Now I need to fix the lights on the trailer so I can bring my Miata with a way to get it home.

Anyway, I heard more than one comment about all the Miatas..all were very positive. This group of Porsche people really like variety in cars.

Hope to see you guys on 6/21.

Maniac Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac Mitch View Post
    Anyway, I heard more than one comment about all the Miatas..all were very positive. This group of Porsche people really like variety in cars.
    I guess we can put up with those crummy ol' Porsches if they can stand us.

I guess we can put up with those crummy ol' Porsches if they can stand us.
    And coming from a brother member of the PCA. I'm shocked
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12