Thread: WTB: Delrin motor mounts for '01 NB

Default WTB: Delrin motor mounts for '01 NB

Looking to buy some Delrin or solid motor mounts for my NB. Anybody selling any? Or even know where i can find some?

-Blake

Blake, you do not want these. They will turn your miata into a drivable massage chair. They are way too harsh for anything other than an off road race car.

Driftdevil had them on his car for a short period of time and it rattled the living hell out of the car.

Go with mazdaspeed motor mounts. You can get them from Gary@trackdog for $75. Most of the local guys run them and they are great.

I actually recently(3 weeks ago) put the mazdaspeed mounts in and im still frustrated with the slack in the drivetrain. Low RPM chug and shifter bobbing. Where should i turn next then, Diff mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by nb4lyfe View Post
    I actually recently(3 weeks ago) put the mazdaspeed mounts in and im still frustrated with the slack in the drivetrain. Low RPM chug and shifter bobbing. Where should i turn next then, Diff mounts?
    Yes and no. You need a beatrush rear ladder brace. It ties the PPF to the rear subframe and takes out a huge amount of drivetrain slop. If you feel that you need more, then try out a set of diff bushings from Driftingjellyfish.com. I have a set and have not installed them, but lots of guys are running them and love them. They are cheap.

Alright, thanks for the advice. Would you happen to have a link to a site where I could get the ladder brace? Thanks
    '01 NB White - HDHCHT Roll Bar, FM sways, TDR Strut brace, Mazdaspeed mounts, FM Butterfly Brace, Tein Flexes, Hard Top, Ooogah oogah horn.

My best advice is to solidly mount the diff with delrin, mount the engine with MazdaMotorsports mounts, skip the PPF brace because with the rear end solid and the engine loose, it has to twist a little.

Instead, chain down the engine from twisting. Don't use struts in compression, use flexible straps in tension. Put a strap horizontally on the passenger side from the top of the fender to the top of the front of the head, and another from the base of the back of the intake around the outside of the subframe to a tang on the subframe to tub bolt.

your car looks awesome.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Default hmm

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Yes and no. You need a beatrush rear ladder brace. It ties the PPF to the rear subframe and takes out a huge amount of drivetrain slop. If you feel that you need more, then try out a set of diff bushings from Driftingjellyfish.com. I have a set and have not installed them, but lots of guys are running them and love them. They are cheap.
    Uhhg. Driftingjellyfish.com is "Sold out. Making more!". >_<

Quote Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
    My best advice is to solidly mount the diff with delrin, mount the engine with MazdaMotorsports mounts, skip the PPF brace because with the rear end solid and the engine loose, it has to twist a little.

Instead, chain down the engine from twisting. Don't use struts in compression, use flexible straps in tension. Put a strap horizontally on the passenger side from the top of the fender to the top of the front of the head, and another from the base of the back of the intake around the outside of the subframe to a tang on the subframe to tub bolt.
    Sounds like an awesome idea. Will ratchet straps fit the job alright? I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    your car looks awesome.
    Thanks man.
    '01 NB White - HDHCHT Roll Bar, FM sways, TDR Strut brace, Mazdaspeed mounts, FM Butterfly Brace, Tein Flexes, Hard Top, Ooogah oogah horn.

Uhhg. Driftingjellyfish.com is "Sold out. Making more!". >_<
    Try this. I've used them in two cars.

http://www.mmr-direct.com/catalog1/Miata/index.htm

Ratchet straps will loosen up. Use harness/seatbelt parts to make the straps.
    Last edited by modernbeat; 06-01-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Alright, thanks for the advice. Would you happen to have a link to a site where I could get the ladder brace? Thanks
    www.kamispeed.com

More info and Pics?
    Try this. I've used them in two cars.

http://www.mmr-direct.com/catalog1/Miata/index.htm

Ratchet straps will loosen up. Use harness/seatbelt parts to make the straps.
    I thought MMR went under.

Question

Low RPM chug and shifter bobbing. Where should i turn next then, Diff mounts?
    Are you experiencing clutch shudder? 2001-2003 Miata were known to have this issue.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tsb/sb05-001.03.html

Our '02 still does it maybe someday we will have Rogue fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Are you experiencing clutch shudder? 2001-2003 Miata were known to have this issue.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tsb/sb05-001.03.html

Our '02 still does it maybe someday we will have Rogue fix it.
    Actually that problem occurred 2 days after i purchased this thing last year. So the clutch and flywheel are new. It really was kinda shocking how violent the shudder was. The car was hopping up and down and sounded like the tranny was snapping. Mazda called it heat cracks in the flywheel and said the previous owner slipped the clutch too much. I wasn't aware it was an aknowledged issue of that range of NBs though.