Thread: Oris Windstop, Glass Window

Default Oris Windstop, Glass Window

Anyone on the forum have an Oris Windstop? I got one a few years ago. It reduces wind a little bit, but my head pokes out above it, and I still get wind from the sides unless my windows are up.

I turned it around backwards in order to allow for my glass window to clear it when I put the top up or down. But I have a few other gripes with it:
    1. I can't put the windstop down when my top is up. It catches on the window. If I force it, it can clear, but then when it's down, I have to force it past the window again. And if I put the top down while the windstop is folded down, part of the top is resting on the windstop, preventing me from folding it into position.
    2. The mesh in combination with the tint on my rear window makes it hard to see.
    3. I can't use one arm to put the top back up - I have to unfasten my seatbelt, turn around onto my knees in my seat, reach over the windstop, and pull the top up.
    I was wondering if anyone else had one, or if there were any solutions to these things. I've just been living with it, but am considering selling it. The annoyances kind of outweigh the benefit.

I have the Oris in my 1995 and I love it. I also have an OEM black canvas top from a 2004 with a glass rear window.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I turned it around backwards in order to allow for my glass window to clear it when I put the top up or down. But I have a few other gripes with it:
    Mine is also turned around backwards since I remounted the brackets to clear my roll bar. This allows for more seat travel.

I can't put the windstop down when my top is up. It catches on the window. If I force it, it can clear, but then when it's down, I have to force it past the window again. And if I put the top down while the windstop is folded down, part of the top is resting on the windstop, preventing me from folding it into position.
    Mine is always up since I can't lay it down because of the rear braces of my roll bar anyways.

The mesh in combination with the tint on my rear window makes it hard to see.
    No tinted window for me but no tinted rear view mirror either (after-market vintage sliding mirror) so I like the mesh. Helps to diffuse the headlights behind me at night.

I can't use one arm to put the top back up - I have to unfasten my seatbelt, turn around onto my knees in my seat, reach over the windstop, and pull the top up.
    Again, my roll bar also prevents raising the top while seated. I just unbuckle, prop myself up and raise the top real quick when needed.

The annoyances kind of outweigh the benefit.
    It's just the opposite for me. The benefits outweigh the annoyances but half of those are there anyway since I have a roll bar which is not optional to me.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)