Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: only 43 bucks to fill up

I actually had my first $50.xx fillup in my car the other day, but I think I hold an extra gallon or whatever than a Miata.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

So I can at least take solace in the fact that no FI means I still get to run regular (even with a mild timing bump...) Filled up yesterday for less than $40.
    '96 M-edition

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    $0 FTW:

Yeah, baby!

1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    Yeah, baby!

OMG, no gears, no brakes!
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

That one of those track bikes like the "Lil' 500" uses? The race in the movie "Breaking Away".

Driver
    Blog Entries

I commuted by bicycle in Japan for years. The lack of fuel bills and parking space rent was great. Rain, snow, getting side-swiped, icy turns, being run off the road into the warning reflectors which trashed the Campy Aero rims, and and not getting my feet out of the clips or clipless disconnected in time wasn't so great. I don't trust the drivers around Fort Worth enough to try a bicycle commute here, especially since it would be a long commute through some rough neighborhoods.
    Mike Walsted - Not an expert, just a data point.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

My experience in the North Dallas suburbs is that there are "corridors" where it is safe to ride your bike. In my case, I can easily bike between Plano Parkway on the South, Park Blvd on the North, US75 on the west, and Shiloh on the East. Within those boundaries are relatively bicycle-friendly roads with decent sidewalks and slower traffic. Also if you take 15th Street and cross US75 eventually you will reach a Greenbelt running from behind the On The Border on 15th all the way to near Legacy and Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    That one of those track bikes like the "Lil' 500" uses? The race in the movie "Breaking Away".
    Hey, Cinzano!!!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Never forget "Quicksilver" starring the great Kevin Bacon.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    Never forget "Quicksilver" starring the great Kevin Bacon.
    I was eating next to Kevin Bacon in the Salt Lake City airport a few months ago (during the Sundance Film Festival). Ironically, he had bacon with his breakfast. Anyway, I was very tempted to act all surprised to see him and ask, "Aren't you that guy from Quicksilver?!?!" Few people seem to know that movie. I have not seen it, but I remember the previews for it on cable TV back when it was new.

$4.19 a gallon this afternoon for the RX-8.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    $4.19 a gallon this afternoon for the RX-8.
    I paid $4.30 a gallon yesterday on the way back from Pearsall, 55 bucks to fill up the Miatamoto mobile. We got right at 300 miles for a 13 gallon fill with a car completely loaded with stuff and a/c on. 23 MPG highway is not great, but surprisingly exactly what the EPA estimates.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12