Thread: Movers that offer storage?

Default Movers that offer storage?

We got an offer on the house today that we will be countering. They are asking for a really short close, so if we reach a deal, we are likely to not have a house for a few weeks. Does anyone have a recommendation for a mover that can also offer short-term storage?

Pods?

You could just buy my place. It went back on the market Saturday, or yesterday, or today. You get an extra bedroom and bath, plus other updates.....for the same price, or less :)
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Pods?
    Got a quote from them earlier. $562 per 8x8x12 container, including up to 3 months storage, but I would need to pack it myself or hire a separate packer.

I also tried their competitor "Pack Rats" but they are idiots. They will pick up from my current house and store it, but claim that my delivery location (just 30 miles away) is out of their coverage area.

Some of the bigger companies like Allied and United offer storage... I plan on getting quotes from them soon. I was just hoping there was someone else that had been through this before.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    You could just buy my place. It went back on the market Saturday, or yesterday, or today. You get an extra bedroom and bath, plus other updates.....for the same price, or less :)
    If it was located on the other end of the Metromess, I would be taking a look.

Have you considered just using your fire insurance?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Have you considered just using your fire insurance?

YES!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

All my crap was in storage for 3 months when I moved here. My employer used Allied Van Lines. They didn't break anything but several small appliances were yellowed on one side as though they sat in the sun for a while. My cats found baby mice in one box so they were entertained too!