Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PCA at The Ballpark Aug 10

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Hey Clay Perrine do you have to register online? I'll be coming off a week of family fun (vacation) and not a 100% certain we will actually be home in time to make this event. But if I am in town I defiantly would like to go!

TIA
    Finally made it home after 7 days on the road; think I will sit this one out.

(Plus I was told my Z06 was not available for tomorrows event! )

You kids have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Finally made it home after 7 days on the road; think I will sit this one out.

Long day, good venue, and my last run in Bryan Bell's track-prepped Carrera, which rocked! And yes, I spun.

Brad, you beat me. Good job!

I had a softball game at 5 and missed the afternoon runs. I'm very excited about this site and I can't wait to see a jrj512 course design on it. How did the pavement near the finish hold up in the afternoon???

I'm pretty sure I got FTD with my 3rd run in the morning! :)
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    ...good venue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    ...I'm very excited about this site...
    Tell us more! How was the surface? Is it a big site?

This place worked out pretty well. The surface was very smooth and decent grip (more than the Bus Lot, but less than MR and PMS), but I am a little worried about it holding up. The asphalt started to come up in a few places, so I do not know if they'll let us come back. Perhaps it will be okay after curing over the winter.

They had the restrooms in the Dr. Pepper field open for us, plus Port-a-Potties for the construction workers that ClayPerrine could not guarantee were clean. (You had to be at the drivers meeting.)

The location offers lots of exposure for future racers to discover the sport. Sound could be an issue with the hotel right there, so sound levels would need to be enforced. There is a pinch in the lot that would prohibit using both sides of the lot for an event by SCCA and ER safety rules, but even using the east side for paddock/staging and the west side for a course would be much bigger than PMS (without sacrificing the mid-cities location) and almost as big (if not as big) as the Bus Lot.

I think clubs should consider this venue for future events. I would love to design a course for it.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

IIRC - this is the lot where Subaru did a commercial event a couple of years ago. Remember the kid shagging cones on in-line skates with a hockey stick?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

jrj512, Paul wanted me to say thanks for the instruction today. He had a lot of fun, and ran much faster on his first autocross than I did during mine.

The course was quite fun, and here is the video from my best run today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAzpRyWItLU

There is a mistake on the video, the time is 60.954, not 60.095. But I am tired and not going to redo the video tonight.

Enjoyed the day gentlemen...
    Last edited by Brad; 08-10-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Long day, good venue, and my last run in Bryan Bell's track-prepped Carrera, which rocked! And yes, I spun.

Brad, you beat me. Good job!

Sadly I missed the spin, and soon I will have to get the NA up and running so we can go head to head. Although, you might stop helping me then and I am not sure that I am ready for that just yet.
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

I am glad everyone enjoyed the event. Sorry for the heat, but I don't control the weather.

the lot held up well, with only the one spot breaking down. I talked to my contact and was told that they had pavement suitable for 18 wheelers put down, and if it was breaking up from a bunch of cars running, and on the inside of the turn, then they were going to talk to the paving contractor about why it was breaking up.

Everone is welcome to come to our next event... i will keep you posted.

Clay Perrine
    Porsche Club of America, Maverick Region Autocross Chair.
    [email protected]
    “It’s Better to Wear Out than to Rust Out!”

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Video of my third run.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I'd like to thank the lovely and talanted Lelani (sp?) for bringing us Miata pilots the Cherry Limeades Sunday afternoon! That was a real pick-me-up, and I surely needed it.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52 View Post
    I'd like to thank the lovely and talanted Lelani (sp?) for bringing us Miata pilots the Cherry Limeades Sunday afternoon! That was a real pick-me-up, and I surely needed it.
    You're gonna make POS Racing jealous.

She says you're quite welcome.

Thanks. I found that yesterday too but didn't realize it was not previously available. I would've shared!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234