Thread: New DFW Road Rally

Default New DFW Road Rally

The next SCCA roadrally will be held in September. The DFW Map Rally, presented by Mapsco, will run on Saturday, September 6th. The flyer can be seen at www.texasscca.org/dmr08flyer.pdf

This rally will be much easier than, and much different from, the Classic. You will be given a special map, prepared for us by Mapsco, and some rules. Using those rules, you will determine your own route, and write your own route instructions. Then you will drive that route.

We had multi-car teams from Subaru, Crossfire, Italian Car Club, Minis, Honda S2000, and RX-8s last week. We need some Miatas!

This was the most popular event in the 2007 SCCA Regional RoadRally Championship Series. Join us!

I have to work saturdays, or I'd be all over that

Has anybody done this before?
    I am interested. but not quite sure how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by superskittles View Post
    Has anybody done this before?
    I am interested. but not quite sure how this works.
    I've done one rally - it wasn't Mapsco sponsored but it was fun. If you're interested, you should do and find out for yourself if you like it or not! I'm tempted - this looks like it would actually be MORE fun than the previous rally.

They actually had us criss crossing through this neighborhood -it was pretty funny driving by other rally participants going opposit ways and crossing intersections...one of the questions was how many times did y ou cross over Ridgecrest Circle!