Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my build

ported some more...

dremmel FTW!!!
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

ported all the intake side...

and the final pic before i take it back to the machine shop today...
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

the engine turned out pretty good, so far i need some freeze plugs. I plan on intalling the transmission to it tomorrow and cleaning a bunch of parts... for as much as i payed this thing better look good.. anyhow here's one pic after i got it from the shop...

now how easy will it be to assemble it? i had everything perfectly labeled and it would have been a few hours but my mechanic isn't anywhere near as organized as me... here's what i have to work with...

well lets get to work... primered the block.

gave it its first coat of redorange...

Looks pretty slick, good luck on sorting out the parts
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

bad news, forget painting the engine bay and forget painting period, i gotta go back to texas at the end of this month so the focus is now on the engine and getting it to run.

the turbo is just there for looks, i'm installing the headers for now...

i need to make a part list of what i'm missing so i can start ordering stuff for next week. right now i need a few gaskets...

a little fast foward here to bring things up to date, engine is installed

took her out for a test drive 2 weeks ago but encountered some problems, one of them being the shifter not going in smoothly, the clutch is not engaging right.
    had her towed back to the garage.

because i was having some issues with my clutch not engaging right, i thought it was the throw out bearing going bad, i removed transmission to replace this part as well as inspect everything else.

i did notice i have an oil leak from the CAS sensor...

the clutch is properly torqued

i greased the splines in the shaft and the area where the bearing slides
    back and forth, then reassembled the clutch components.

took her out for a test drive again tonight, the clutch is slipping, not engaging properly into gears, and grinding... tomorrow i have two things to do, bleed it again and adjust the clutch rod.

Clutch has been bled with no air bubbles in the lines but i'll keep bleeding it until i'm convinced there are no more bubbles. I hope this is the problem because the clutch pedal feels fine.

pilot bearing? I don't think that grease is a good idea. Centrifugal force will sling it everywhere (on the clutch disk).
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

MadMerv, i think i lost you here, i put grease in the part where the throw out bearing slides back and forth, its being held by the fork so it wont go crazy on me. i didn't grease the pilot bearing that goes in the flywheel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123