Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION: Eagles Canyon Track Day - Sunday, September 14th

Default ATTENTION: Eagles Canyon Track Day - Sunday, September 14th

Hey guys,

In case you didn't know, Eagles Canyon Raceway in Slidell is now offering monthly track days open to the general public. The next scheduled event for cars is coming up on Sunday, September the 14th. Cost is $150 per person, and I believe there are still slots open in all three groups (beginner, intermediate, and advanced).

Click on Eagles Canyon for more information. See you at the track!

ATTENTION: Due to impending weather from hurricane Ike, this weekend's sessions have been moved to Oct 4th (Cars) and 5th (Bikes). All current registrations will be automatically moved to those dates.
    Last edited by altiain; 09-12-2008 at 10:11 AM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks for the info. I might do that on another weekend, but there are SCCA races at TMS that weekend.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Hey guys,

In case you didn't know, Eagles Canyon Raceway in Slidell is now offering monthly track days open to the general public. The next scheduled event for cars is coming up on Sunday, September the 14th. Cost is $150 per person, and I believe there are still slots open in all three groups (beginner, intermediate, and advanced).

According to my friend, Jack, your gonna be instructing? He and I are talking about going to this. I'm still on the fence due to Hallett being the next weekend.

I'll probably be working on my car that weekend, but that sounds like hella fun! I'll try to make one after Hallett.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    According to my friend, Jack, your gonna be instructing? He and I are talking about going to this. I'm still on the fence due to Hallett being the next weekend.
    Yep, I will be instructing at this event. Run for your lives!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hmm, with ALTIAIN in the car, I can get the insurance to cover a newer MSM for me! Maybe I will make this one
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Hey guys,

How many sessions? I might be interested. And yes, I did look at the website. (Hopefully, I did not miss it.)

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    you have to run street tires regardless of your experience level for the first trip...lol
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Which reminds me...

(*reads link*)

No mention of roll bars, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    you have to run street tires regardless of your experience level for the first trip...lol
    I am sure they would wave that requirment if you have a SCCA or NASA Competition license.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I am sure they would wave that requirment if you have a SCCA or NASA Competition license.
    Too bad he doesn't.

We've been through this before. When you build your own track, you can let people run bias ply slicks from the first lap if you want. Until that point I guess you can just keep doing laps at Hallett and miss out the great tracks right here in DFW.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Which reminds me...

(*reads link*)

No mention of roll bars, eh?
    I'm not sure exactly what the roll bar requirements are. 'Fraid I run a tin top these days, so I don't really worry about it. I would encourage you to email Eagles Canyon for clarification, then post what you find out here for future reference.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    How many sessions? I might be interested. And yes, I did look at the website. (Hopefully, I did not miss it.)
    Not sure, Alan. I'll try to find out.
    Iain

Just got off the phone with Brian. He said 15 cars per group and at least 4 sessions 25 minute track time each. He said factory roll over protection (NC) is ok and aftermarket protection like hard dog bars is ok. He thinks no bars is not ok but wasn't sure and will find out after Tuesday when he gets home. I caught him on the road somewhere near St. Louis.

Talking

Too bad he doesn't.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    Hmm, with ALTIAIN in the car, I can get the insurance to cover a newer MSM for me! Maybe I will make this one
    Or get this just in case

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c.../hpdeinsurance
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Just got off the phone with Brian. He said 15 cars per group and at least 4 sessions 25 minute track time each. He said factory roll over protection (NC) is ok and aftermarket protection like hard dog bars is ok. He thinks no bars is not ok but wasn't sure and will find out after Tuesday when he gets home. I caught him on the road somewhere near St. Louis.

Thanks for the information on how many sessions will be ran!

Too bad he doesn't.

We've been through this before. When you build your own track, you can let people run bias ply slicks from the first lap if you want. Until that point I guess you can just keep doing laps at Hallett and miss out the great tracks right here in DFW.
    nothing like burning up $300 in rubber in 1-hour...lol.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    nothing like burning up $300 in rubber in 1-hour...lol.

Who are you, Cole Trickle?

I'm in. Well, conditional on the rollbar decision anyway.

Altiain, are you also doing tech inspections?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast