Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I REALLY need a new engine?!

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    Please do not even consider MT, you would be better off at a no name shop in South Dallas, seriously. I am working on another MT/S major screw up that is going to get ugly for them by the customer. He uses Stoid Racing who is just as bad so by extra careful. (I cleaned this up a little)

Our shop is at Plano Rd. and Miller Rd. so sounds like we are close by. Be glad to give you a quote.

Gary
    TDR
    214-340-9797
    Now you guys tell me! I took my '92 to MT for the overheating problem I had mentioned earlier on this board. I have been working too many hours and have another broken car to deal with besides the Miata so I really needed to get something running besides my gas guzzling SUV. I was also getting tired of missing all those autocrosses with the car being broken in my garage. They were recommended to me by an officer of the Miata Club.

The car doesn't overheat anymore. He fixed the problem by replacing both the radiator and the fan relay. He also found other problems with the car that bumped the price for repairs up to $1,500. Spending half of the year living on unemployment, I really didn't need that bill right now, but I needed the car so I wrote the check.

After reading this, I am going out in the backyard to hang myself with the MT license plate frame he left on my car.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdoggie View Post
    He also found other problems with the car that bumped the price for repairs up to $1,500.
    Did he at least buy you dinner first? ($175 worth of parts, maybe)

Let me be blunt....

STAY THE F*CK AWAY FROM MIATA TECHNOLOGIES AT ALL COSTS!!!!

PS
    More than 1 of us told you to get a new radiator. Go find your original thread.

Now you guys tell me! I took my '92 to MT for the overheating problem. ... They were recommended to me by an officer of the Miata Club.

He also found other problems with the car that bumped the price for repairs up to $1,500.
    At the risk of starting a turf war, this is - imho - a good reason to avoid LSMC as well as Miata Technologies. How their officers can recommend Miata Technologies to anyone with a clean conscience is beyond me. There are thread after thread of documented MT "issues" (like theft of parts, inflated bills, etc.) on this board. I can only guess he stays in business be preying off of unsuspecting LSMC members.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

He also found other problems with the car that bumped the price for repairs up to $1,500. Spending half of the year living on unemployment, I really didn't need that bill right now, but I needed the car so I wrote the check.

After reading this, I am going out in the backyard to hang myself with the MT license plate frame he left on my car.
    For $1500 I would've driven to Dallas from Austin and even replaced it with a Koyo!

What is going on with the Lone Star Miata Club that they keep recommending this guy?

Snowdoggie, my recomendation is to post up your experience on M.net
    http://forum.miata.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Chris

EDIT: Iain beat me to the punch.
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Now, now... nothing so drastic is needed... but it might be a good time to go out and do a thorough inventory of your car and its parts....

Also, whatever happened to TMFShinsen?
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    Last time I talked to Gary the car had been towed from MT to Track Dog Racing. Smart move on the owner's part.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Now, now... nothing so drastic is needed... but it might be a good time to go out and do a thorough inventory of your car and its parts....

Before I go to the Porsche Club Track day at TMS this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Did he at least buy you dinner first? ($175 worth of parts, maybe)
    He didn't even pay for the Vaseline.

Before I go to the Porsche Club Track day at TMS this weekend?
    Depends... do you NEED BRAKES at a track day?
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Depends... do you NEED BRAKES at a track day?
    I put new Hawk brake pads on myself last weekend AFTER I got the car back from MT. I KNOW the brakes work.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    At the risk of starting a turf war, this is - imho - a good reason to avoid LSMC as well as Miata Technologies. How their officers can recommend Miata Technologies to anyone with a clean conscience is beyond me. There are thread after thread of documented MT "issues" (like theft of parts, inflated bills, etc.) on this board. I can only guess he stays in business be preying off of unsuspecting LSMC members.
    McGrath was actually at the first LSMC meeting I ever attended. He was introduced to me as the guy to go to for repairs. With my other car I never had a problem with anybody Maverick Region PCA recommended.

With my other car I never had a problem with anybody Maverick Region PCA recommended.
    Which just goes to prove not all car clubs are the same....

What all did you (supposedly) get done for $1,500??

The problem with the Miata Club of today is that no one works on their own cars, so they trust the idiot. This has been going on far too long. Something should be done!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

in for honor killings.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

What about setting up (marking and cataloging parts) a car and recording it all on video then send it to a local tv news station?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    What about setting up (marking and cataloging parts) a car and recording it all on video then send it to a local tv news station?
    Can we use your car? I'm not willing to risk mine!

Hmmm. Might be a snag there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Hmmm. Might be a snag there.
    But in the grand scheme of irony, you should know that an employee of a local TV station bought a car there... Came with free tools!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Any details Tailchaser?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast