Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nationals results!

Wow - what an experience! I was ultimately 21 of 27, but not upset at all - I wasn't DFL in my first Nats!

How 'bout the CSP National Champion, Brian Peters, in a 2006 MX-5!!! This is the first National Championship for the NC and for Brian; and Jim Daniels and Ron Bauer were 6th & 7th in Ron's '07 NC, and James Balducci took 8th and the last trophy position in Brian's car. Looks like the NC MX-5 CAN be competitive in CSP!

Now, if I can just settle on my suspension/tire/alignment settings...

Oh yea, Monica Harrison trophied in 2nd place (out of 6) in CSPL in her NC. Her time would've placed her 18th in the Open CSP class.

Wagner, Foley and Hiromoto, all Congratulations, i had the honor of announcing for your heat and it was incredibly fun. I think I lost my voice announcing the final runs of BS when all the final places settled through. After the dust had settled, having 3 Texas Region boys in the trophies was outstanding. It was awesome seeing all 3 of you (ok, 2 of you since Thomas didn't go to the banquet!) walk across the stage.

d

Quote Originally Posted by beagleracing View Post
    Wagner, Foley and Hiromoto, all Congratulations, i had the honor of announcing for your heat and it was incredibly fun. I think I lost my voice announcing the final runs of BS when all the final places settled through. After the dust had settled, having 3 Texas Region boys in the trophies was outstanding. It was awesome seeing all 3 of you (ok, 2 of you since Thomas didn't go to the banquet!) walk across the stage.

d
    Congrats on the super fast driving Dan! I wish I could have been there to watch C-stock. I wish I could have made the banquet too, but I had to get my co-driver back for work.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Posted some Nationals photos here:

http://www.pbase.com/autoxmax/2008_nationals
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Houston must be the city of the damned LOL did we even get one stinkin trophy?
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Here's a couple of photos of the car:
    http://www.pbase.com/autoxmax/image/103628443
    http://www.pbase.com/autoxmax/image/103628446

Rumor was that it used a motorcycle engine not the toyota OE. The car was paddocked behind us for the week & spent more time apart & in the air than together on the ground.

This was the winning car in XP (Fred Zust). But the crazy thing is that it would have been 3rd place in Super Stock. Matthew Braun's (2nd place) Super Stock Lotus Elise times were 80.453 for the 2 days & the XP car's time were 80.886.

Granted the classes ran on different days & heats, but the XP car ran on a cleaner surface. SS ran 5th heat & XP ran 2nd heat. By the time 5th heat ran there was only 1 line & if you strayed from the line you were in the sand (I know this from experience......there's no traction in the sand!).
    Last edited by autoxmax; 09-25-2008 at 09:07 AM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    Here's a couple of photos of the car:
    http://www.pbase.com/autoxmax/image/103628443
    http://www.pbase.com/autoxmax/image/103628446

Rumor was that it used a motorcycle engine not the toyota OE. The car was paddocked behind us for the week & spent more time apart & in the air than together on the ground.

This was the winning car in XP (Fred Zust). But the crazy thing is that it would have been 3rd place in Super Stock. Matthew Braun's (2nd place) Super Stock Lotus Elise times were 80.453 for the 2 days & the XP car's time were 80.886.

Granted the classes ran on different days & heats, but the XP car ran on a cleaner surface. SS ran 5th heat & XP ran 2nd heat. By the time 5th heat ran there was only 1 line & if you strayed from the line you were in the sand (I know this from experience......there's no traction in the sand!).
    It's using the original Toyota engine still with a twin screw blower @ 14 PSI. Generally SS has much better drivers, watching his video it looks like he did a lot of coasting in the corners. I've never driven it myself so I can't comment if it could've gone faster but I guess it might have in the hands of someone like D. Smart or Salerno.

Here is his build thread if you're interested, it weighs 1600 pounds before ballast with almost 400 hp.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f163...beastie-58050/
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    watching his video it looks like he did a lot of coasting in the corners.
    I thought the same thing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I've never driven it myself so I can't comment if it could've gone faster
    Ditto.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123