Thread: Airport Insecurity

Default Airport Insecurity

As someone who deals with the TSA and their program dealing with air cargo security, I have to agree with the author that the whole thing is a huge waste of taxpayer dollars.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200811/airport-security

Can't keep the mouse out of the castle.

He says he took two bottles of saline solution in with him, which are checked at the airport for explosives, if it clears it's fine. "ripping up boarding passes suspiciously in the bathroom" lol as if there are not people who fly 4+ times a day and tend to rip their tickets up and throw them away? The "I would try to pass through security with no ID, a fake boarding pass, and an Osama bin Laden T-shirt under my coat." In this scenario what did he get by with? Explosives? No so what's the problem? "symbolic pat-down—all frisks that avoid the sensitive regions are by definition symbolic" You aren't going to hide much or shall i say enough in the sensitive area's to be able to take a plane down. Home made knife? Who is he going to take out with that? There are flight deck officers among the passengers who are trained for these type of situations.

I made it from my taxi to the gate at O'Hare Intl. this morning in less than 5 minutes. With all my liquids still in my bag (they never checked and I forgot to run them separately). The "security guard" barely even glanced at the X-ray monitor during the whole thing.

We're just lucky that terrorism isn't near the threat the media makes it out to be, otherwise we'd all be dead. I saw so many holes in the airports I was in today it's not even funny...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

There is a threat but it doesn't seem to be in a bag as much. It's on people. " It may be the newest wave in suicide attacks: a prosthetic pregnant belly serving as a compartment for explosives. "