Thread: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Chassis Designer

Default 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

I know, its not a Miata but, you never know who might be looking for something.

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Many Pictures - Click Here

This is a very nice example of a 2G DSM. Its nothing over the top and makes for a nice, reliable street car. It has the potential of becoming much more too.

Chassis only has 85k miles on it.

Engine:

JDM Galant VR-4 6 bolt swap
    was rebuilt/resealed before install
    New timing belt
    saved 1G intake manifold
    EVO exhaust manifold
    Big 16G turbo
    2.5" intercooler piping
    Spearco front mount intercooler
    Injen intake pipe with K&N style filter
    Forced Performance manual boost controller
    3" turbo back, straight, no cat, N1 mufler, exhaust
    stock flywheel with ACT 2600 pressure plate with the street disk
    GReddy Oil Cooler
    Fluidine radiator
    stock 450cc injectors
    stock fuel pump
    stainless fuel line from pump to rail
    an fittings at rail
    fuel pressure regulator

Transmission:

Fresh rebuild this week. Previoously rebuilt by someone who knew enough to F' it up. The wrong axle seals were used and the tranny ran dry trashing the front and center diffs. I just finished rebuilding it replacing both diffs along with bearings, syncro's, axle seals, output shaft seal, breathers, clutch fork boot, and and drain plug washer. It has 50/50% Royal Purple 40/170 Synthetic and regular 80/90 in it. I also put fresh fluid in the transfer case and rear diff.

Suspension / Drivetrain:

Tockico Blue Struts
    Eiback Pro Kit Springs

The rear diff is mounted solid with aluminum spacer in place of the rubber bushings. The drive shaft is also mounted solid. I just rebuilt both front axles and inspected the rears which are ok.

Electrical / Gauges:

New Battery
    engine managed by DSM Link
    GReddy turbo timer
    GReddy gauges - EGT, Elec Boost, Elec Oil Pressure, Elec Fuel Pressure

Exterior:

The car is a beautiful black which looks good on this car. It was originally red but the prep work was done right. All the door jams, under the hood, all that stuff, is painted black. The only place you will find red is under the car and under the carpet.

The paint is not clear coated so it doesnt hoold up real well but if treated with care it should look good for years to come. It does have some scratches and many will buff out but not all. Its not perfect but it looks really good as is.

19x8.5 ADR wheels with 3 like new Falken tires. One was damaged and replaced with a good used tire, reason only 3 like new Falkens.

The side skirts are not factory. I am not sure of the manufacturer but they look good, yet close to stock. The only real difference is the air inlet at the rear wheel. One of them is cracked which is pictured.

It does need new door handles. This is a common problem with 2G DSMs I cold replace them if the new owner would like. The driver's side has a broken lock and the pass has a broken handle.

Tinted windows
    Tinted tail lights - no more name badges on the rear
    Tinted head lights - cant see shit at night though
    Carbor Fiber Fuel Door

Interior:

Other than the gauges, its pretty stock.
    It does have Momo pedal covers and a Pioneer stereo system with all Pioneer speakers. It was been wired for an amp and sub but they are not in place anymore. The shift knob is polished and carbon fiber. The center arm rest has been replace with a carbon fiber one. The rear carpet and tire cover are missing along with the spare tire, tools and jack.

Beautiful Grey leather. Some light wear on the drivers seat but in really good shape still. The rest is almost perfect. The ash tray is missing. The floor mats are new, OEM style though so they fit correctly.

Sun Roof - and it works!
    Power windows, locks and mirrors - all work
    Tinted windows

Over all the car is nice, runs well, shifts smooth, handles well, and is comfortable to drive. It looks great, I think. It could use a couple of things that are really minor in perspective. It could use polyurithane motor mounts. It needs some more tuning on the DSM Link, runs rich right now. The upper front ball joints need replacing. It is missing one lug nut. I just replaced the stud but havent picked up a new nut yet. I can do that I guess. It needs bigger injectors and a bigger fuel pump before mcuh more power can be had. That is really all that is holding it back.

This is a friends car who is in LA going to school. She asked if I would fix the transmission problem, do the timing belt, and sell it for her. Thought I would get that out in the open. She needs to sell it to pay for school and cost of living in LA.

Asking $8500 obo

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at...

214-289-5803

or

[email protected]
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 11-05-2008 at 10:02 AM.

Chassis Designer

price drop: $8500