Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: TDR @ MSR Miata Track Event May 22, 2009

So when do we need to start laying down $$ to make sure we snag this deal? Keep us posted...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

[QUOTE=SixAce;158629]
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    don't be a pussy.

WTF, am I supposed to punt them in the corners? And since when does gay know about LOL
    You're obviously not driving like a man.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

[QUOTE=mr brg;159050]
    Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post

You're obviously not driving like a man.
    Wow, lol, that's good. Ok. I can see it now, you can use your Jedi like instructor skilz to teach me how to pass an STi (that won't lift on the straights) with my NA miata "while driving like a man".

Please share with us the technique you have mastered to accomplish this

[QUOTE=SixAce;159198]

Wow, lol, that's good. Ok. I can see it now, you can use your Jedi like instructor skilz to teach me how to pass an STi (that won't lift on the straights) with my NA miata "while driving like a man".

Please share with us the technique you have mastered to accomplish this
    All you have to do is take one hand off the wheel, grasp a testicle, and proceed with virility. This technique is used by motorsports greats.

[QUOTE=mr brg;159215]
    Quote Originally Posted by SixAce View Post

All you have to do is take one hand off the wheel, grasp a testicle, and proceed with virility. This technique is used by motorsports greats.

LOL. You win. But won't that make it difficult for you to point me by, with you having one hand in your pants?

Enough thread drift. Back to the real point. Let's make this track day happen

The ignore list works pretty well...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can not wait for the TDR event. I want to see mr brg drive his miata. I keep reading about him, well from him, and with that FI, he will be able to just roll over all of us. Plus, he may be able to teach us a few lines.

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    I can not wait for the TDR event. I want to see mr brg drive his miata. I keep reading about him, well from him, and with that FI, he will be able to just roll over all of us. Plus, he may be able to teach us a few lines.
    I never claimed anything like that. Besides, my car probably won't be ready by then.

I never claimed anything like that. Besides, my car probably won't be ready by then.
    But you will be there for the shower, no
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

well, my car is always ready. I'll give you another opportunity to try to drive my car like a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot View Post
    One of the showers was "out of order" at MSR last sunday.......

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot View Post
    I'm posting from there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    well, my car is always ready. I'll give you another opportunity to try to drive my car like a man.
    We'll have to switch cars to see who's suspension reigns supreme. I fear I'll have more green in my car afterward.

One of the showers was "out of order" at MSR last sunday.......
    lool

Jumping in here from Apex with just a few points.

First, roll bars are not required. I cannot reccommend them highly enough, but if you want to assume the obvious risk, then we will allow you.

Second, in order to accommodate this many folks, there will be no in-car instruction, except for very limited exceptions. Novices will get up to speed via lead & follow. This means no free track time for Apex instructors, other than the very few who we get to help staff this event.

Third, since this is a big, national event, we do expect to sell out. I can promise you the track time at TMS will be very tame and crowded and this is the only venue that promises to allow you to really stretch your car's legs.

Fourth, watch your mirrors for me when I am on track in one of the several SM Turbo cars we have built (with much asistance from Gary at TDR). Resistance is futile.

Keith Verges
    Founder
    Apex Driving Academy

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kverges
    ...several SM Turbo cars...

Any of 'em got passenger accommodations?

Quote Originally Posted by kverges View Post
    Fourth, watch your mirrors for me when I am on track in one of the several SM Turbo cars we have built (with much asistance from Gary at TDR). Resistance is futile.
    I plan on joining this 250whp miata train of pain.

Maybe we should consider a "big-power" run group?

I plan on joining this 250whp miata train of pain.

Maybe we should consider a "big-power" run group?
    275-300whp actually.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    275-300whp actually.
    This will most likely be my first track day in the car since its resurrection, so I plan on running the novice group. I need to learn to drive this car, not wad it up on its maiden voyage. I ran intermediate 1 at "miatas at hallett" last time anyway, I have no business on the track with the adults.

Let us know when we need to pony-up the ching-dow Gary.

Registration is already up on Apex's site.

yes registration is up

http://www.apexdrivingacademy.com/schedule.htm

scroll to the end of the scheduled events to register. The event is actually filling fast.

My turbo cars are only about 230 rwhp since they are designed to be reliable and the mule won the 2008 NASA Texas 4 hour enduro at TWS OVERALL. That is right, first in class and overall in a 40+ car field.

yes registration is up

scroll to the end of the scheduled events to register. The event is actually filling fast.

My turbo cars are only about 230 rwhp since they are designed to be reliable and the mule won the 2008 NASA Texas 4 hour enduro at TWS OVERALL. That is right, first in class and overall in a 40+ car field.

nevermind, I have down's.

As for the people who sign up late...I travel for work, so if there's a big natural disaster in may (greensburg, KS tornado), then my spot will open up.

yes registration is up

CONGRATS!!

I just signed up!

Hopefully you don't mind if I let David take the car out for a session. I bet that'll be fun to watch...two turbo track miatas with great drivers on track at the same time. Are you gonna be running Hoosiers or the Nittos? I can run the SM Hoosiers or my "street" tires (either shaved RA1s, or some Eagle F1s). Let me know so I can grab them up from Bob S.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast