Thread: Facebook

Default Facebook

BR

Okay, William sends some invite to join Facebook and since then, I've gotten AJ wants to be your friend, Jamie wants to be your friend, Chris wants to be your friend, Dan Pedroza wants to be your friend, etc at least 8 of them. Now I know Dan did not seek me out to send me a friend request. I haven't even joined the thing, so my question is, what the hell did BR do to get this started?

And do I join or not? I don't use myspace as it is.

Most were from this forum, any coincidence. ?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

BR uploaded his contact list to Facebook. Then, a helpful box on facebook.com said "Hey, BR! Check this out, dude... Who else knows these people? (But we'll take a guess and pre-select some of your friends)."

Then those people see a message "BR recently added Sharpie as a friend and thinks you might know him! Click to add him!"

At which point some idiot (like me) clicks cuz, cool! I know Sharpie! And then (and only then) do we realize that no... you don't have a facebook profile... He just "added" you by e-mail address and we've now contributed toward sending you a barrage of facebook spam.

I think that explains it, more or less.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Apropos of nothing...

I used to be on a forum where one of the more "colorful" members used the handle "200mphButtRider". (?!) Anyway, it was typically shortened in conversation to "BR". So whenever I see that acronym, I can't help but think...
    Last edited by redmenace; 11-03-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: oh, hell... should this even be here?

I feel so special!

Sorry Sharpie,

I'm new to the Facebook thing and I guess I didn't realize "the power" it has. I was just trying to be helpful.

BTW,

There are a bunch of Team Pointless folks on there too.

Through Marty, I found Ony, Joe-L, Peter Brusa, ER, Checker, Neil and Susann to name a few. I like Facebook. Easy to use, and a more mature crowd than MySpace.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Apropos of nothing...

I used to be on a forum where one of the more "colorful" members used the handle "200mphButtRider". (?!) Anyway, it was typically shortened in conversation to "BR". So whenever I see that acronym, I can't help but think...
    ButtRider....? Girls' butts only.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I didnt get a facebook request. . . . I think i'm in the clubroadster.net group though
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Well that explains it. Thanks TC. I'll let you know if start an account.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    more mature crowd than MySpace.
    That's not saying much
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

yeah chris, i thought you had a face book account. it keeps saying to click to add, but you dont have an account. and i click on it, it sends you an invite, but until you make an account, the notification saying "hey click here to add chris" wont go away!!! sorry, i didnt know it stays there untill youre in. its so annoying!