Thread: CPO Programs?

Default CPO Programs?

We picked up a new line here at the world headquarters, and for the time being my territory is South Texas (Austin and all points south). If things go as promised the territory will expand to include all of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana by mid 2009.

My 4Runner is headed back to the Toyota Dealer in a few short days (Lease Vehicle) and I am thinking I really don't want to be restrained by a set mileage on another lease especially looking at the scope of my new area.

Does anyone here have any experience with any certified pre-owned programs? I'm thinking a year or two old vehicle with a big fat warranty may be a better choice for me currently.

Cadillac seems to have the best CPO program that I have found so far = Extension of new-vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty to 6 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first (from new-vehicle delivery date and mileage).

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Cadillac seems to have the best CPO program that I have found so far = Extension of new-vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty to 6 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first (from new-vehicle delivery date and mileage).
    Honda gave me the same CPO on a 2 year old Civic EX, but that was 10 years ago. Not sure if they still offer it. It was a pretty cool program, as it even included emergency service and a free loaner program.

What kind of vehicle are you looking for?

I think Lexus offers a similar 6 year/100k mile CPO program. They also consistently top the long term quality charts. If you enjoyed your Toyota ownership experience, you'll love owning a Lexus. An ES300/330/350 isn't the most dynamic car to drive, but it'll eat up highway miles in supreme comfort, and it'll go past 200k without a hiccup. Not sure I could say that about a Caddy, even the new ones.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Honda gave me the same CPO on a 2 year old Civic EX, but that was 10 years ago. Not sure if they still offer it. It was a pretty cool program, as it even included emergency service and a free loaner program.
    They still do, my RSX had that warranty.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    We had enough trouble with the '05 Pilot that we have scratched Honda from the list of possible candidates for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    What kind of vehicle are you looking for?

I think Lexus offers a similar 6 year/100k mile CPO program. They also consistently top the long term quality charts. If you enjoyed your Toyota ownership experience, you'll love owning a Lexus. An ES300/330/350 isn't the most dynamic car to drive, but it'll eat up highway miles in supreme comfort, and it'll go past 200k without a hiccup. Not sure I could say that about a Caddy, even the new ones.
    Went up to Grapevine and found a nice 'lac STS driven by a little old lady from Colleyville, but I decided to leave up there for today.

Stopped at the Lexus dealer but must have been wearing my invisible pants because no one seemed to want to help the fat kid in the 4Runner so I lost interest and went back to work......