Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any other hunters here?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    I used to hunt, but after I took my first deer I lost interest in venison... the challenge was gone

Since then all I've done is a little crow hunting. I want to get into some varmint hunting soon, though... we should organize an MME varmint hunt!

Wait until I pick up a decent rifle, though. I've been concentrating on getting the handguns out of the way. Next month I'm probably picking up some sort of .223

True dat... those things are dangerous!!
    I'm down for a hunt. I like to use a shotgun for small game. Well, really I like a shotgun for just about any game. Unless you have open fields or skidder runs, you really can't see over 100yrds in NE Texas anyway.

If I was going South I would use my 7mm for bigger game. It may be a little over kill, but atleast they don't suffer.

I'd be up for a small game hunt but not varmints... I think they are over hunted.

I just got a medium bodied 5 point buck Monday morning. He's at the processors. 3 points on one side and a broken antler on the other. He was walking down the lane toward the stand and when he bent his head down I shot him through the neck, back to front and he dropped right on the spot.

I have a Remington 700BDL in .30-06 that has been fully tricked out by my gunsmithing friend. My other main rifle is a 50's model 8mm Yugoslavian Mauser that was in HORRIBLE shape. It's now a .308Win barreld Mauser that has been totally reworked (I'm learning gunsmithing.) It'll give 1" groups at 100 yards now.

Beyond those 2 are the pre-requisite Mosin-Nagant milsurp, a .22, and a couple of 12ga shotguns along with my new .40s&w pistol. I'm almost out of room in the gun safe. hehehehe

I hunt deer, pig, squirrel, rabbit, and turkey.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    I'd be up for a small game hunt but not varmints... I think they are over hunted.
    They're over-hunted for a reason

What Mosin Nagant model do you have? My preference is the model 44 carbine... haven't found one lately though.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Anyone else hunt?
    Does hunting down a bargain count?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    o thought you meant my warcraft character
    Name, faction and server!?

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    If you're sitting in a blind, you're not hunting... You're waiting.
    Does one have to poop in the same spot?

Ruger .270
    99 Miata Black

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Albertson's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12