Thread: Car cover?

Default Car cover?

I'm debating getting a cover to put over the miata for when it is parked. My parents are about to move and I usually leave it at their place. It will now be parked in a driveway on Royal Lane.......

My rain rail might be a bit leaky, i get a slight dampness when it rains heavily in the trunk on the passenger side between the battery and the passenger seat.

Any suggestions on covers? I'm hoping to get out relatively cheaply....

Would a cover be a bad idea due to the car being outdoors and wind or dirt?

Any and all input is wanted.

I'm also looking for a cockpit cover for summer instead of raising the top all the time. I had looked at http://www.ravenwingperformance.net/...or/PopTop.html

Any input on that?

Blog Entries

I've got one a whole lot like that you can have. I don't think it will keep the rain out with the top down but should work with it up. It came to me as a deal sweetener when I bought the hardtop. I put it on once and said "cool" and put it back in the box.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

I have a Mazda OEM Cover it does do a nice job keeping the car clean while in hibernation. Claims to be a Weather Resistant cover, but the fabric doesn't seem to repel water very well so I don't think it would work as an outdoor cover. YMMV

LINK!

Paul, if you don't want yours I'd love it.

I had one of those California Pop Top covers. It worked as described but it sorta disintegrated after 3 yrs. I used it often while parked at work and I think the more-or-less constant North Texas breezes took their toll on it. Still, I would buy another.

Like parking in the shade, it prevented the steering wheel and seats from getting so hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    I had one of those California Pop Top covers. It worked as described but it sorta disintegrated after 3 yrs. I used it often while parked at work and I think the more-or-less constant North Texas breezes took their toll on it. Still, I would buy another.

Like parking in the shade, it prevented the steering wheel and seats from getting so hot.
    3 years for $50 sounds pretty good......

I've had 2 bird poop strikes while parked with the top down.... no fun.

Wolf Car cover I have used for 20 years & warranty is fantastic, I have called them & they send you cover w no questions ask. Buy it direct from Wolf.
    My fiancée uses it teaching job at college & I have bubble rap go’s under the cover when it hails in spring time when she @ work.