Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TDR @ MSR update

I believe approval is required for classes above novice.

UPDATE:

Apex is not setup on the website to let you select what run group you want to be in. When you sign up on the website you should fill in your experience in the INFO box and then they will determine your run group. Basically if you are a beginner you will be put in Novice. If you have a few track days and you will be in Intermediate. If you have a more dedicated track setup or more track experience you will be in Advanced. Instructors can be request for an individual run session in Intermediate or Advanced as there will be several of us instructing that can help you if you are having problems.

We are seeing a much lower than expected local turn out signing up, please pass on the word.

Thanks,

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

I believe the Intermediate and Advance are both full. I have participated in Apex event and have account setup with them. When I sign up, Apex already know to put me in Intermediate. I think it is only novice has a lot of space.
    Gabriel

No they are not full. Keith decided to put 0 for 0 on the Intermediate and Advanced since you can not directly sign up for them. APex wants to know your experience as I stated earlier and once you fill in the INFO box they will out you in the class group they think is best suited.

We only have 9 people signed up so far so if you are coming I would appreciate if you can sign up early. if you have any questions please let me know.

Gary
    Last edited by trackdog; 02-24-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

I'm registered and paid
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Hi Gary-

John just told me about this website. I'm willing to be there and instruct. I'm 90% sure my schedule will have me in town. I believe my car will be here, but there is a chance it will be in California. I'm available to instruct either way if you still need help.

Regards,
    Matt Andrews
    (John has my contact info or you can send me an email through this forum)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt [exz3owner] View Post
    Hi Gary-

John just told me about this website. I'm willing to be there and instruct. I'm 90% sure my schedule will have me in town. I believe my car will be here, but there is a chance it will be in California. I'm available to instruct either way if you still need help.

Regards,
    Matt Andrews
    California will have Total Recall by the time this event kicks off. You'll be here, and like it.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    California will have Total Recall by the time this event kicks off. You'll be here, and like it.
    such bold words from my homo stocker.

I,m making plans to be there
    Aberdeen/scotland,Houston & Plano-in that order
    Trackdog school of driving attendee.Deer attack survivee!
    pushing the 1.6 Antelopenew doctor evil project underway

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKDOC View Post
    I,m making plans to be there

Bring your car!!!
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

god save the queen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Bring your car!!!
    Love to- but probably a bit more than my KLM baggage allowance
    Aberdeen/scotland,Houston & Plano-in that order
    Trackdog school of driving attendee.Deer attack survivee!
    pushing the 1.6 Antelopenew doctor evil project underway

Quote Originally Posted by Matt [exz3owner] View Post
    Hi Gary-

Regards,
    Matt Andrews
    I mentioned this forum to you a few months ago.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    So did I, but I think he may have been a little overwhelmed with moving at the time and did not absorb this information.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    you never called.

I was supposed to call??

I got a few more things in the works for this event.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    No they are not full. Keith decided to put 0 for 0 on the Intermediate and Advanced since you can not directly sign up for them. APex wants to know your experience as I stated earlier and once you fill in the INFO box they will out you in the class group they think is best suited.

We only have 9 people signed up so far so if you are coming I would appreciate if you can sign up early. if you have any questions please let me know.

Gary

FWIW, I just received a call from Apex tonight (I had prevoiusly signed up as intermediate and was put on a "wait list"). I was asked to go to the site, un-register, and re-sign up, and send an email outlining my experience level. There was no information box that I could see to enter my experience level during the registration process. Whatever, I could have missed it. I paid, and sent them an email, and they will decide where to group everyone.

The nice lady on the phone asked me to pass this along. There are plenty of spots left and you just have to send them a note with your experience to be classed.

Looking forward to it. See U there..
    SA

John placed me in the intermediate. I have run the 1.7 both directions solo and the 1.3 solo clockwise with Apex but I told him that if there was an instructor available I wouldn't mind the company for the first session. I m not the fastest but I always want to hear from a more seasoned event driver on tips to work on to make the session smoother.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

yeah, so several of you told me about it. Didn't mean to short any of the credit you were due. :)

When this fills up someone can take my spot. I'm scheduled to work in New Orleans so my car won't be ready and I won't be available, AGAIN.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast